• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jerry Richardson sure is consistent in getting rid of troublemaking players immediately!

Sam Mills Fan

It's almost as if we have a different GM running the team now.

Wow. When did that happen? :unsure:

If Gettleman is a man that will punish innocent players just because they dared to be associated with something that tarnishes our "great" image then he certainly isn't the kind if man I want running this team.

If Gettleman is a man that will punish innocent players just because they dared to be associated with something that tarnishes our "great" image then he certainly isn't the kind if man I want running this team.

Punish? Did he put Hardy in football jail?   Hardy got paid a boatload of money to not play football for us.  I don't see where we punished him in anyway shape or form.  Gettleman is making a business decision, and maybe the correct one.  Only time will tell if he is right though. 

Paid 13 million to do nothing...

Where do I go to get 'punished' like that?

Richardson bowed to the media,   he was scared of his team and the NFL shield getting tarnished               Before the media went on a crusade against Hardy  Richardson and Goodell didn't make a peep about Hardy or his situation    

Had the Panthers deactivated Hardy for the first game,  before the media  went into full retard mode,  I would've had a little more respect for them    Doing it when they did it though,  just made it seem like they were cowering.         I love our team,  will always love the Panthers...  but I don't like how they handled it, I don't like how it seemed like they could be pushed around by outside forces,  like the national media. 

I respect how the 9ers handled the same situation.     They essentially gave a big "F U" to Goodell and the national media.

To an extent youre right, both players were/are elite and lack good judgement.

Smitty had a ferocious temper which is what made him good on the field.  Never been arrested and kept his outbursts related to the team.  Never any domestics or dui's or the like.  Plus, smitty was a dedicated hard working football player who was more worried about his career than anything else besides his family.

Hardy appears to want to be famous.  That is what scares me.  Thats it. 

Steve Smith was arrested on assault charges related to Anthony Bright. Case dismissed after he completed a program involving anger management which we saw work out so well post-2002...

I expected more from this thread. Don't say "track record" then pull two events from recent memory. Piss poor point that any Panther fan could have passed through their mind in 2 seconds.

I don't even know what this means. You put track record in quotes...there's no "track record" phrase used in my post.

Archived