• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jerry Richardson sure is consistent in getting rid of troublemaking players immediately!

Sam Mills Fan

I REALLY REALLY liked Greg's personality, sense of humor and wild characters along with his exceptional football play.

Cam and Luke are all that matter though.

We aren't in dire need of a DE until we part with CJ.

Looks like you may be channeling Dave Gettleman with those comments.

Eventually it all comes down to money, Panthers don't have enough to keep everyone they would like to long term.

Hard choices needed to be made.

GH's questionable behavior off the field just made the decision a little easier than it would have been otherwise.

For those here channeling Marty Hurney, we don't expect you to understand.

Looks like you may be channeling Dave Gettleman with those comments.

Eventually it all comes down to money, Panthers don't have enough to keep everyone they would like to long term.

Hard choices needed to be made.

GH's questionable behavior off the field just made the decision a little easier than it would have been otherwise.

For those here channeling Marty Hurney, we don't expect you to understand.

You can work with on-field crazy.

When you throw money at off field crazy though, you're takin' a risk.

Over hauling the DE position is a good idea now??

Jesus Christ can we please build off of success and not rebuild another unit again. . CJ better not go anywhere. .

Get use to it. If they are willing to let Hardy walk CJ and his big contract will be soon behind.

Teams that draft well enough to be perennial contenders let free agents walk all the time.

Honestly, that's what were hoping to be, a team that can do that.

Let's just let Cam and Kuechly walk then. We can just draft a replacement.

I know that wasn't your point, but I just wanted to say that.

Let's just let Cam and Kuechly walk then. We can just draft a replacement.

I know that wasn't your point, but I just wanted to say that.

Hate to tell ya, but if they ask for more money than the team is willing to pay, that could happen.

I don't think that will happen, but you'd best believe it could.

It's been a decade since that stuff happened.  Fox and Hurney were willing to put up with the drama to go with the production and were rewarded.  Gettleman and Rivera have a different perspective.  For all the folks crying foul with the owner, he has input, but the reason he has a GM is to make the final call.

Considering the climate between now and then, domestic violence is a MUCH BIGGER issue than beating up a teammate.  Don't we still celebrate when a football player hits another football player really hard?  Don't we love to watch these guys get in training camp fights about competitiveness.  When was the last time we celebrated a big man hitting a woman?

What a lot of people here fail to see is the Grey Area.  This is still very uncharted water for everyone.  Everyone is treated differently.  Sucks but it's true.  Fans might love to see Hardy come back from a better team scenario, but the NFL is much bigger than the teams.  It's ingrained as part of American Culture, and they have to answer to the court of public opinion more so than we did 10 years ago. 

Archived