• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Statement from the Panthers

Jeremy Igo

He wasn't suspended the first time... And if he was, I wish I could get suspended like that

He would rather play. 

It certainly helps he got paid, but I bet any amount of money he would rather be playing than sitting at home even if he is collecting checks

I would think the NFLPA would have something to say about a six game suspension under a policy that was adopted AFTER Hardy's incident occurred and absent a conviction.

I would think a two game suspension (ala Ray Rice) would be appropriate.

I think the biggest issue is there was never at any point any evidence or admission of guilty. How can they throw the book at him unless they have concrete proof. 2 Games seems appropriate to me assuming they never get a admission.

He would rather play.

It certainly helps he got paid, but I bet any amount of money he would rather be playing than sitting at home even if he is collecting checks

I understand that he'd rather play, but that still doesn't mean that last year was a suspension. The league will never view it like that since he got paid each week.

I would think the NFLPA would have something to say about a six game suspension under a policy that was adopted AFTER Hardy's incident occurred and absent a conviction.

I would think a two game suspension (ala Ray Rice) would be appropriate.

This. The NFLPA will make enormous amounts of noise if they try to suspend him again, and one media outlet has already reported it is highly unlikely

By NFL terms, he hasn't actually been 'suspended' yet.

The Exempt list is essentially a paid vacation. Suspension is unpaid and limits or disallows contact with the team..

It was a 'paid' suspension. He wasn't allowed to participate with the team just as a normal suspension.

Hmmm.....no conviction, unknown civil settlement that could have been as simple as "I'm sorry." Nor does the NFL have the right to know.

With no conviction, we have no crime! Other than public awareness of the case....it's really like it never happened. Nothing to investigate.

Franchised player that committed no crime was placed on the exempt list for 15 games and the NFL still wants to review this,

WHY?

Archived