• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hardy Suspension Likely

Jeremy Igo

What happens with the cap in this case? There is no pay, but the cap hit still applies? If not it could be an idea to signing him for $10M banking on 4 of that coming back.

If not, can it be built into the contact?

I know it is still a long shot that we sign him, this is just thinking that a creative cheaper than expected rental might be available.

I don't think the Panthers salary cap will be affected at all by Greg Hardy.

People talk about Hardy having paid her off while losing sight that she was the one that "may" have happily cashed the alleged check.

If she was so gotdamn concerned with what happened to her and wanted to see justice prevail, she would have simply shown up to court, cried her little eyes out, got him convicted of a crime, then used that conviction to easily win a civil suit.

But she didn't do that because she is a gold digging fame chaser and this was always about one thing.

Hardy dropped this chick and she wanted a severance package.

On March 10, Greg Hardy will no longer be under contract to anyone in the league. If the league announces a suspension before he signs a contract, how does the league suspend someone who is not technically a player in the league?

On the other hand, what team is going to enter into any contract negotiations without knowing what the league may/will impose with respect to further discipline?

Seems to me the league has to make the first move here and I'm not sure how they can suspend or take any other disciplinary action against a player who isn't under contract to anyone and is, for all intents and purposes, not even a part of the league until he signs a contract. 

People talk about Hardy having paid her off while losing sight that she was the one that "may" have happily cashed the alleged check.

If she was so gotdamn concerned with what happened to her and wanted to see justice prevail, she would have simply shown up to court, cried her little eyes out, got him convicted of a crime, then used that conviction to easily win a civil suit.

But she didn't do that because she is a gold digging fame chaser and this was always about one thing.

What do you expect from a powder sniffer or what ever the drug relationship was.  I do question that if Hardy new of the drug use, why was she his girl friend?

How dare you say that about that poor sweet girl. Can't you see she was using vacation therapy to heal her broken hart. The NFL will make Hardy pay for his crimes because what you say can't be true!

On March 10, Greg Hardy will no longer be under contract to anyone in the league. If the league announces a suspension before he signs a contract, how does the league suspend someone who is not technically a player in the league?

On the other hand, what team is going to enter into any contract negotiations without knowing what the league may/will impose with respect to further discipline?

Seems to me the league has to make the first move here and I'm not sure how they can suspend or take any other disciplinary action against a player who isn't under contract to anyone and is, for all intents and purposes, not even a part of the league until he signs a contract. 

I would assume the suspension would be no one could talk to or enter in business with him, relative to NFL, until after the suspension.

What makes the least sense is supposedly this girl feared hardy would hurt or kill her. Of all the court hearings to show up to, why wouldn't she show up for the restraining order.

While true, nobody, especially the NFL, will give a poo about her motives.  The whole situation, and timing, put a poo ton of pressure on the shield, and they will go hard against him.  Plus, he's still the dumb ass, and got played like a boss.  What would be nice is, if they could prove she fabricated it, and sued the poo out of her for all of the drama she caused with the shield and the public's view of them.  

That's basically defamation, right?

:cam:

I would assume the suspension would be no one could talk to or enter in business with him, relative to NFL, until after the suspension.

Again, if a player is not under contract to any team, is he a member of the NFL? How do you suspend a player who isn't a member of any team?

Seems to me if I'm not under contract to any team, I'm not part of the NFL and therefore, not able to be punished by an organization of which I'm not a member.

What do you expect from a powder sniffer or what ever the drug relationship was. I do question that if Hardy new of the drug use, why was she his girl friend?

The same reason dudes fall for Hailey Berry.. Even thoe she been married more than a few times...and none of them ended in happily ever after. . The same reason Kim Kardashian is a star and has no talent. .. The same reason thru out history great men have fallen.. power of the P...

I don't feel those circumstances are relevant. The two things I think that matter here are

- Was damage done to the NFL brand

- Was Hardy at all responsible 

Didn't the NFL damage their own brand by the handling of the Ray Rice incident? You know they saw that video. And if they actually didn't, then they didn't want to. Hardy is being lynched so they can save some face.

I really hope the Panthers are raising hell for how badly we got shafted.

The same reason dudes fall for Hailey Berry.. Even thoe she been married more than a few times...and none of them ended in happily ever after. . The same reason Kim Kardashian is a star and has no talent. .. The same reason thru out history great men have fallen.. power of the P...

tumblr_nb9626gnqu1tp42tfo1_500.jpg

Archived