• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ted Ginn Jr could return to Panthers

Jeremy Igo

He was a solid player for us, I wouldn't mind him returning but I would like to upgrade at receiver

Yep. I'd be all about bringing him back to be what he was initially brought in to be. He only became a WR we relied on bc we were so weak at the position (in terms of speed)

If I could choose any FA for us to sign (including all the tiffany's purchases) it would be Teddy Ginn. Next up would be Hardy (he would be first if he would truly come here for vet min.), but Ginn would be a huge re-acquisition for us this offseason, and relatively cheap. We'd still need a #2, which we could get in the draft, but then we'd have a beast of a speedster who Cam loves as our #3, a true return man, and a guy who actually has some chemistry here. I have a tough time seeing the Cards keep him with the emergence of John Brown, to be honest, so I really really hope this happens.

Is he really a PR/KR stud or does he just seem that way compared to Brenton fuging Bersin? I know he was way over hyped around here as a receiver, but as a KR I didn't think he was that great either. Good, but not great or a "stud." Maybe I need to go look at his numbers and highlights.

When he was with us he had 25 kick returns for 595 yards, avg. 23.8 yards per, 15 of 20+ yards, and 0 of 40+ yards.  26 punt returns for 316 yards, avg. 12.2 yards per, 5 of 20+ yards, and one of 40+ yards.  None taken to the house that year, but those numbers are damn good considering the number of returns.

Compare to Bersin?  7 kick returns for 167 yards, avg. 23.9 yards per, 5 of 20+ yards, and 1 of 40+ yards(that's why is avg is higher, not many returns but broke a big one off).  14 punt returns for 86 yards, avg. 6.1 yards per, 0 of 20+, and 0 of 40+.  Obviously none taken to the house, and those numbers suck ass.

When he was with us he had 25 kick returns for 595 yards, avg. 23.8 yards per, 15 of 20+ yards, and 0 of 40+ yards. 26 punt returns for 316 yards, avg. 12.2 yards per, 5 of 20+ yards, and one of 40+ yards. None taken to the house that year, but those numbers are damn good considering the number of returns.

Compare to Bersin? 7 kick returns for 167 yards, avg. 23.9 yards per, 5 of 20+ yards, and 1 of 40+ yards(that's why is avg is higher, not many returns but broke a big one off). 14 punt returns for 86 yards, avg. 6.1 yards per, 0 of 20+, and 0 of 40+. Obviously none taken to the house, and those numbers suck ass.

How did Ginn's number rank compared to the league? Bersin is hardly the standard you want to compare to.

How did Ginn's number rank compared to the league? Bersin is hardly the standard you want to compare to.

Let's compare him to Devin Hester.  That should be considered top of the league.  I'll do career totals, also take into consideration that Hester has 1 more year in the league than Ginn, and his punt return skills are unmatched by any current player. 

Kick Returns:

Hester: 267 returns - 6,632 yards - 24.8 avg. - 5 TD - 170, 20+ - 24, 40+

Ginn:    281 returns - 6,443 yards - 22.9 avg. - 3 TD - 176, 20+ - 12, 40+

Punt Returns:

Hester: 282 returns - 3,481 yards - 12.3 avg. - 14 TD - 59, 20+ - 21, 40+

Ginn:    182 returns - 2,018 yards - 11.1 avg. -   4 TD - 26, 20+ -   9, 40+

Edited by Nick_81
  • Pie 2

I gotta think that G-man was using Ginn as a real receiver because that is what the cap permitted at the time.  

Both G-man and especially Rivera have talked up the fact that there may be a change in thinking regarding having special teams aces.  I would think that Ginn would fit this bill.  History has pretty much proven that this is the most efficient way to use Ginn. Ace, first and foremost. Receiver, occasionally.

If I could choose any FA for us to sign (including all the tiffany's purchases) it would be Teddy Ginn. Next up would be Hardy (he would be first if he would truly come here for vet min.), but Ginn would be a huge re-acquisition for us this offseason, and relatively cheap. We'd still need a #2, which we could get in the draft, but then we'd have a beast of a speedster who Cam loves as our #3, a true return man, and a guy who actually has some chemistry here. I have a tough time seeing the Cards keep him with the emergence of John Brown, to be honest, so I really really hope this happens.

Of ALL the FAs in this off season you think an average kr/pr would be the best signing for us? Man pre season can't come soon enough.

Imagine if we replace Bersin for Ted Ginn Jr. Cotchery for Torrey Smith. Along with KB, Olsen, Philly and Dickson our receiving core would be SB ready..

Torrey Smith is a deep threat just like Ginn. Having them both wouldn't help. Smith is a better receiver but Ginn has the return ability. I'd much much much rather sign Ginn than Smith and would be pissed if we signed both. I want us to take a chance on Nicks, sign Ginn and draft 2 more WRs, then we wouldn't have to worry about it. Then we'd still likely have money for Free, Bulaga, or Dunlap or some FA veteran tackle. 

Of ALL the FAs in this off season you think an average kr/pr would be the best signing for us? Man pre season can't come soon enough.

He's not a "average kr/pr" he was a better WR for us in 2013 than anybody except KB this past year. And he's a top 10 return man easily. Main thing though is value. He would be one of the most valuable signings we'd get. Yeah I'd much rather have Cobb or Maclin but not for the prices they'll demand. I'm being realistic here. Ginn would be a great re-acquisition.