• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Voth changed his opinion of Hardy's future?

Nick_81

I don't think he gets suspended next season not with the way they dismissed the case. If they dismissed the case because Hardy paid off holder then I could see the league still suspending him, but because they decided to acquit all charges against hardy due to lack of evidence/the situation was way overblown than what it should have been because he's a high profile athlete (my opinion) I don't think Goodell suspends him even though Goodell is a shitty ass commissioner

Wasn't the new DV policy put in place after Hardy's charges? At the end of the day we are talking about a first time offender and misdemeanor charge. And he was acquitted in the court of law. Does that even make him an actual first time offender? I would think not.

Greg Hardy was not acquitted in the court of law. 

The charges were dropped because the accuser and state's main witness was allegedly paid off to not testify against him. 

The charges were dropped because the accuser and state's main witness was allegedly paid off to not testify against him.

From what I read it sure did sound like he was acquitted. Yes it said Hardy and Holder settled out of court but it also said they would have dropped the charges regardless if Holder showed up or not.

Or maybe they realized she wasn't the least bit credible and the case should've never been there to begin with. If there was even a slight chance of a conviction here they would've continued without her.

I know he's not going to be a Panther...........and that he will probably be suspended.. I just think the new system is BS.   A he said/she said incident can turn into a player being off the field for close to a season and a half. 

It's a new off-season and I'm still pissed that we were out of $13M in cap space last season because Ray Rice knocked his girlfriend out.. (That was the reason,  no one made a peep about Hardy until after the tape came out).            I live in a state of wonder and "what it"....thinking about what could have been,  had we had that extra cap space to sign free agents.

From what I read it sure did sound like he was acquitted. Yes it said Hardy and Holder settled out of court but it also said they would have dropped the charges regardless if Holder showed up or not.

ac·quit

free (someone) from a criminal charge by a verdict of not guilty.
"she was acquitted on all counts"
synonyms: clearexonerate, find innocent, absolve;

Or maybe they realized she wasn't the least bit credible and the case should've never been there to begin with. If there was even a slight chance of a conviction here they would've continued without her.

Exactly. And that is the sole reason for the purpose of this thread. If he actually committed any crimes I don't believe there's a chance he would be able to be a Panther again.

Archived