• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D Will says Panthers didn't reach out to him when his mother died

QCkilla

Also have to realize if something happens during the course of a seaosn vs off season.....reactions will be different. People in season are around you everyday and the organization is in the loop....and it impacts when you work.

Offseason? It could actually be easy for a death not to get much attention unless the player is in touch with the team.

That's not at all true in this case. This was all over ESPN because of his mom's battle with breast cancer and all that DeAngelo has done over the years to drive breast cancer awarenessawareness within the NFL.

Also have to realize if something happens during the course of a seaosn vs off season.....reactions will be different. People in season are around you everyday and the organization is in the loop....and it impacts when you work.

Offseason? It could actually be easy for a death not to get much attention unless the player is in touch with the team.

Oh just stop it. The team dropped the ball on that one big time.

wait so DeAngelo's mom dies, who he is extremely close to, to the point where he was the leader behind the whole wearing pink during October, and we are calling him sad and petty for being upset the organization didn't reach out to him?

no, we're calling petty and sad that he's airing out on national media after being released. he has a problem with the FO, and should have dealt with the FO. don't air your dirty laundry on the way out. that's childish and petty.

still one of my favorite panthers of all time, and I will wear his jersey proudly.

imagine one of your parents dying and going into work and no one sends their condolences. highly doubt you would enjoy that environment, but yes lets all pretend this is on DeAngelo.

Didn't his mom pass away in the offseason? So that scenario isn't really accurate.

Wouldn't it be more like what If you took a a couple month vacation and it happened then?

DWill says JR didn't reach out to him and posters here are attacking DWill. Huddle logic ftw.

He has every right to be upset if the organization did nothing. What if your mother died and no one within an organization in which you loved and worked hard for did nothing?

Yea, how petty of him.

This is such a weird one for me. I don't think DeAngelo would lie about this, he must honestly feel like they slighted him in some way. And yet I can't possibly believe that the Panthers would ever intentionally slight him either. AND this involves a person's actual death which just makes the whole thing more squeamish.

I don't usually do this, but I'm not going to post any opinion on this one way or another. We'll never know the whole truth, there's probably some fault on both sides. Pointless to speculate.

We'll miss you D-Will! Great Panther.

Archived