• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Andre Johnson will be released if Texans can’t find trade partner

DeeJay

Trade makes sense. Gettleman did say he wanted to get more older & slower WRs with big contracts.

Now if he was cut so that big contract disappeared, I could agree with a cheap deal. Then when Roman Harper outruns him in training camp, cut his ass.

We are not going to be interested in him at any price. He is 34 years old and not part of any teams long term future. That may work for a team that is a wide receiver away from a Super Bowl but honestly we are looking for younger guys to build the future with not over the hill like Johnson. If we got rid of a 34 year in Smith we won't be adding another guy just as old. Cotchery was 31 when we picked him up I doubt we want to go even older at the position.

Cobb please.

Cobb is a pipe dream. It's not happening. People who think we WONT go after him bc we aren't "close to competing for a SB" must have forgotten we lost to the eventual NFC champion this past year.

Our biggest issue on offense is getting touchdowns inside the 25 and getting big plays. Johnson may be old but that dude can still get downfield and he can still win jump balls. I would RATHER have a guy like Parker, White, Cooper in the draft but there is no guarantee and we need more playmakers for Cam. Id sign AJ in a heartbeat for a cap friendly deal assuming it we could still address other needs.

I think DG would do it too IF we had the cap room. But we don't so it's prob not gonna happen but not for the reasons being thrown around here.

He'd automatically be our best WR and comparing to Cotchery is stupid, on a different level is AJ

AJ would be great for our young receiving corps, match made in heaven

He would be our third best option assuming we dont upgrade elsewhere or pick up another stud in the draft.  Secondly, the comparison with Cotchery was an age one not a skill one.  And lastly who says he would be great with the young receivers He might have been a great option a few years ago, now he is just over the hill.

Basically receiving the Steve Smith treatment from last year (Played with average to s***y QBs his whole career but is old and worth too much for his age/production slipping)...he can still play so I'm sure he would do great with a team like the Seahawks, Ravens, etc.

Archived