• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kelvin Benjamin 2014 highlights

philw5289

With NFL trainers and a little more time with Cam he will be a total beast!

This coming year I'd like to see him break more tackles for more YACs. If he does that he'll have a very long and dominant career. Hog Mollie! If #89 can do it at 5'9", #13 & #88 could stand to do more of it, a lot more.

#1 even breaks tackles for big gains regularly so...

KB was frustrating at times, and probably left another 400 yards and 5 TDs or so on the field, but you also have to consider he walked into a situation day 1 that none of the other rookies did.

From the very first snap of his NFL career he was our clear cut #1 WR, and the whole NFL knew it and prepared for him that way.  He was already facing double teams in his first game.  Just after his preseason alone other teams knew he was going to be a threat.

Mike Evans started off slow, then had a stretch where he lit up defenses while he was still the #2.  Once defenses adjusted to him his production dropped greatly, and also had another threat in Vincent Jackson to help keep him clean.  Lol, and don't talk about garbage time and bring up a receiver that played on a team that is picking #1 overall in the draft.

Beckham, is a different beast... he just had a straight up special kind of year.  However, he also benefited for a bit there by coming in as an unknown and lighting it up.  He was still balling even after everyone in the NFL knew who he was.

I don't get why everything has to be so polarizing with you lunatics. He's a talented but flawed player. He's not a bust, he's not a steal. It was a solid pick and I'm happy he's a Panther. Deep breaths everyone. 

Re-do that draft today and KB goes before #28.  Not sure if he qualifies as a "steal" just because it's hard to truly qualify any 1st round pick as a steal.  You expect those guys to be good, but he was definitely a great value pick. 

Now, Bene in the 5th?  Norwell as a UFA?  Those are steals.

Haha at the crazies in this thread

Kelvin was viewed as a project/boom or bust prospect and you actually have people in here MAD about the guy surpassing everyone expectations and having a 1000+ yard season with 9 tds.

Unreal

I'm not gonna call KB a scrub (because he's obviously not) but I stand by my disappointed analysis. Benjamin easily could have eclipsed 1300+ yards and 10+ touchdowns had he just played hard on every play.

Sure, I could just leave it to the rookie excuse but the lack of effort is what burned me up. It's not exactly a new issue for Kelvin. He was hit or miss at Florida State because of motivation and focus issues. Cam needs all hands on deck.

I don't know what transpired between Preseason to Week 17 but I didn't like it. Benji was the frontrunner for OROY at one point and the wheels just came off.

How do you know it was "lack of effort", or that he wasn't "playing hard"?

If you are a bit old school then take appreciation in his blocking ability.  Immediate upgrade over LaFell (who was actually a pretty solid blocker).

Benji has no qualms about getting nasty with DBs and had shown plenty of times his ability to flat out take defenders out of the playing field for our runners.

I too hope he improves on those drops.  The upsides he showed as a rookie far outweigh the downsides in my opinion.  He's an utter pain in the ass to defend against.

Well, I can accept that a portion of his drops were because of technique but several key drops stand out as focus/effort too. The Steeler game featured two drops where I questioned KB's mindset. Particularly the one near the endzone.

I would say focus/concentration. Which is very much correctable.

Huge plus this offseason is that he will have even more time to work with Proehl and get on the same page with Newton.

Buncha spoiled brats whining is all I'm getting out of this thread.

The kid is a straight up beast, give him some slack. It's going to be great to read all the backpedaling in a yr or two.

Clearly remember having a debate if he will be in the 5/500 club or 10/1000 club when we drafted him. ppsh

Archived