• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(Rumor) Panthers interested in Cecil Shorts

jamos14

Funny how every time a FA WR name is brought up, it seems like 75% of the Huddle is all, "Do not want."  "Too slow."  "Not what we need."  etc. 

If we bring in a guy like Shorts, it's not going to be on a contract with much guaranteed money.  A guy like him would be brought in to COMPETE.  It's like you guys forget that as it stands right now, Jerricho Cotchery is our #2 WR.  Jerricho fuging Cotchery.  There are numerous FA WRs out there who would likely be available for quite reasonable contracts who would be an instant upgrade over Cotchery.

this. we are all about upgrading every position possible. we may not get a chance to upgrade WR in the draft, so if cecil shorts could be better than cotchery (i expect he would be) then you've upgraded that position. smart move as long as we're not overpaying for him (and we won't.)

Eddie Royal ran a 4.39, THATS who we need and in our price range

This is actually who I've wanted all along.  I get to watch alot of chargers games out here and he's definitely a guy who would do quite well here.

Incarcerated Bob is a twitter Rumor Mill and bookie, sometimes seems to have legit sources, sometimes not.

He said Cecil Shorts is getting attention today from Carolina, Cleveland, and Miami.

Shorts is a "Target level" guy and a realistic signing. I wouldn't mind.

We're quoting fuging Incarcerated Bob now?

AYFKM!!!!!!

He makes bleacher report look like Adam Schefter.

Shorts, when healthy (which I know isn't often), is a legitimate 2. He plays faster than his 40 but isn't a burner by any means. I actually think he's being underrated a bit this FA.

Well, if the Panthers are eyeing him, and want him, that is a good thing.

Archived