• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Perfect (Hardy) Storm

Toker Smurf

They were just discussing the Raiders on NFLN and how they have to spend cash to meet the threshold. So far, they haven't gotten any of the big names, causing the NFLN guys to speculate they may have to overpay some mid tier guys. Now Hardy isn't a mid tier guy but Casserly suggested they should go after him. If they give him a big contract with lots of guaranteed $ that could net us a high comp pick next year (I think 3rd is the highest). It obviously also depends on who we bring in but at this point but it doesn't look like we are bringing in anyone big. An extra 3rd for Getts would be sweet.

A 3rd round comp pick would be a beautiful thing. Sure, Hardy was a beast. And I'd rather he never got into trouble/still on the team. But look at what some guys were traded for today...and then factor in the 10 million dollars less per year we'll have to pay that draft pick. Probably best for all parties with Cam/Luke's contracts coming up that we'll be without Hardy, and have a 3rd rounder and tons of cap space as a bonus. 

I think the amazing thing is how little Hardy's name has come up today in the coverage I have seen.  For the best edge rusher on the market to get so little attention by teams and media is .... insulting?  hopeful? ...... not sure what to feels.

I think the amazing thing is how little Hardy's name has come up today in the coverage I have seen. For the best edge rusher on the market to get so little attention by teams and media is .... insulting? hopeful? ...... not sure what to feels.

Lol have you paid any attention to what has happened today? Why would they cover nothing happening to an end that hasn't played in a year when there is so much happening with actual superstars and elite players?

Lol have you paid any attention to what has happened today? Why would they cover nothing happening to an end that hasn't played in a year when there is so much happening with actual superstars and elite players?

I think you just proved my point. LOL.

Greg Hardy is the premiere edge rusher available in free agency, 2-4 game suspension notwithstanding.  He is an "actual superstar and elite player" and that fact is born out by his play on the field and our franchise tag last year.

I think you just proved my point. LOL.

Greg Hardy is the premiere edge rusher available in free agency, 2-4 game suspension notwithstanding.  He is an "actual superstar and elite player" and that fact is born out by his play on the field and our franchise tag last year.

So you think that ESPN and whatever other pundits should be talking about Greg Hardy (even though there is literally nothing to talk about with him right now outside of pure speculation) instead of talking about Patrick Willis, Darelle Revis, Jimmy Graham, Andre Johnson, and other bonafide superstars (for more than just one year) who are actually retiring, signing, and getting traded?

No, I don't think I proved your point. I don't think you can prove your point either, because it's honestly kinda nonsensical and biased to think they should be talking about the absolute nothingness happening with Greg Hardy on the biggest day of the NFL offseason in at least the past decade.

Archived