• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill Voth dropping knowledge, perspective and some clarity for the cliff jumpers

SCP

Yes, Ted "Unreliable hands and punt returner" Ginn, Jr. and Brenton Bersin are "moving up in class."

Michael Oher is better than Bell, but is he better than anyone else on the line at this point?

Cliff-jumping? Statements of fact are statements of fact.

Is Ginn an upgrade over Bersin?  Yes.  Would you pay 4x more for Torrey Smith?

And after you signed Smith for the $9 million a year that he ended up getting, where would the money come from for the $7 million a year for Balugia?  He who has trouble staying healthy and is considered more of a OG than OT?  Do you want to go for any of the other FA OL flops who got cut this year?

We're doing what we can while still remembering we have the contracts for Cam, Luke, Star, JNorman, etc...

I disagree with your assessment of facts over opinions.  Ginn has his best year here.  Oher had his best years under our current OL coach.  Those are opinions as well, but tend to be backed up by facts.  And stuff respected folks (not just trolls like me) have to say on the situations.

The ultimate reality is that it doesnt matter what Voth says given that he and many other Huddlers take this Cool Guy stance every year and it never ends up mattering because come October the entire board is wetting themselves as the players we all knew would suck and hold us back actually do suck

if you'd like, you can scroll back and see tweets of Voth saying that we should all just relax about byron bell starting and blah blah blah.

What these guys "say" doesnt mean anything in comparison to what actually happens on the field.

The ultimate reality is that it doesnt matter what Voth says given that he and many other Huddlers take this Cool Guy stance every year and it never ends up mattering because come October the entire board is wetting themselves as the players we all knew would suck and hold us back actually do suck

if you'd like, you can scroll back and see tweets of Voth saying that we should all just relax about byron bell starting and blah blah blah.

What these guys "say" doesnt mean anything in comparison to what actually happens on the field.

I hear TB is taking applications to become a member of their fan base....your philosophy on free agency would fit right in over there.

I will even pay your application fee.

I hear TB is taking applications to become a member of their fan base....your philosophy on free agency would fit right in over there.

I will even pay your application fee.

my philosophy varies significantly from Tampa's, though the fact that you think that is admittedly a pretty tragic indictment on you views. my team building philosophy is more akin to a new england, denver, or seattle's, please send the app fee there.

I think I speak for most sane yet disappointed Panther fans, we aren't upset because Gman isn't out there making it rain for guys like Suh or Maclin, it's that he's just too conservative. What about trades? Last big trade we made was for Olsen and that has worked extremely well for us. Why not trade a 5th rounder for a player like Brandon Marshall?

Gman does well in the first three rounds but does pretty bad after that.. Kugbilla and Tyler Gaffney anyone? So in other words, we essentially could have traded a player like Gaffney and Kugbilla for Brandon Marshall.. That's a no brainer in my book.

We really just want to see an effort made.. Why not atleast get a feeler for a guy like Harvin and atleast interview him and draw your own conclusion?! Last time I checked, it doesn't count against the cap to bring in guys.

Yes Oher and Ginn is a nice start but we still have holes to fill. I think we are just upset at a general lack of urgency. Ofcourse it would be stupid to sign a guy like Suh or Maclin to the deals they got.. But come on, a 5th rounder for Brandon Marshall?! Why don't we pull off common sense trades like that?

I think I speak for most sane yet disappointed Panther fans, we aren't upset because Gman isn't out there making it rain for guys like Suh or Maclin, it's that he's just too conservative. What about trades? Last big trade we made was for Olsen and that has worked extremely well for us. Why not trade a 5th rounder for a player like Brandon Marshall?

Gman does well in the first three rounds but does pretty bad after that.. Kugbilla and Tyler Gaffney anyone? So in other words, we essentially could have traded a player like Gaffney and Kugbilla for Brandon Marshall.. That's a no brainer in my book.

We really just want to see an effort made.. Why not atleast get a feeler for a guy like Harvin and atleast interview him and draw your own conclusion?! Last time I checked, it doesn't count against the cap to bring in guys.

Yes Oher and Ginn is a nice start but we still have holes to fill. I think we are just upset at a general lack of urgency. Ofcourse it would be stupid to sign a guy like Suh or Maclin to the deals they got.. But come on, a 5th rounder for Brandon Marshall?! Why don't we pull off common sense trades like that?

I'm laughing my head off. Do you seriously think that anyone in their right mine would offer anything for Kugbilla. Trades are rare in the nfl, and no one wants to get screwed over for a bicyclist.

Is Ginn an upgrade over Bersin? Yes. Would you pay 4x more for Torrey Smith?

And after you signed Smith for the $9 million a year that he ended up getting, where would the money come from for the $7 million a year for Balugia? He who has trouble staying healthy and is considered more of a OG than OT? Do you want to go for any of the other FA OL flops who got cut this year?

We're doing what we can while still remembering we have the contracts for Cam, Luke, Star, JNorman, etc...

I disagree with your assessment of facts over opinions. Ginn has his best year here. Oher had his best years under our current OL coach. Those are opinions as well, but tend to be backed up by facts. And stuff respected folks (not just trolls like me) have to say on the situations.

Yes Ginn is a upgrade at KR/PR..

Why is Bersin still here then??

Contract (he's got to be being paid 9mil+), age, a bit of an injury history lately, doesn't really provide an upgrade in the speed department on offense.

Third time he's been traded despite being productive.  Long history of off-field issues, especially on the domestic violence front.

Keep in mind Bmarsh was a 4th round draft pick, no reason to think we cant hit a homerun value pick w/ a receiver. Look what we spent for Norman and Bene.

I'm laughing my head off. Do you seriously think that anyone in their right mine would offer anything for Kugbilla. Trades are rare in the nfl, and no one wants to get screwed over for a bicyclist.

You missed my point. I said we drafted Kug in a later round so trading a late round pick for Marshall would basically be like us trading a player like Kugbilla for him

so two players is all you've got?  get on wikipedia and look up the picks other teams made in those rounds.  it's mostly a bunch of crap nobody here has ever heard of.

gettleman drafted bene benwikere in the fifth round of last years draft by the way.

You missed my point. I said we drafted Kug in a later round so trading a late round pick for Marshall would basically be like us trading a player like Kugbilla for him

part of what makes draft picks what they are is the value.  you can potentially net somebody who plays at a high value on a cheap contract.

brandon marshall has a reported $7.7 million cap figure on the jets' roster this year.  you're not giving up a draft pick and getting a free stud skill position player in return.

Archived