• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman: Oher can be answer at left tackle

Jeremy Igo

Come on we're all Panther fans here, no need to sugarcoat poo. We were 3-9 at one point last year. The division was only won because somebody had to win it. We got blown out by the Vikings. We were a bad football team last year.

We had 11 more first downs, 11 more minutes with the football, and 142 more total yards than the Vikings. We just allowed them to do something twice in a game that only happened two other times since 1920. Certainly a part of the game the FO seems eager to fix.

We were pretty awful in spurts and had some stinkers (PITT, @BAL, @GB, @PHI) but we also played without 10% of our salary cap and were preparing for the future, unlike the Saints who we smoked and were preparing for...?

We had 11 more first downs, 11 more minutes with the football, and 142 more total yards than the Vikings. We just allowed them to do something twice in a game that only happened two other times since 1920. Certainly a part of the game the FO seems eager to fix.

We were pretty awful in spurts and had some stinkers (PITT, @BAL, @GB, @PHI) but we also played without 10% of our salary cap and were preparing for the future, unlike the Saints who we smoked and were preparing for...?

That was Gettlemans decision to tag Hardy when he wasn't going to be here next season regardless of his case. It was a bad move. It was a bad move to release Steve Smith. You have 13 million sitting at home and another 5 million having a very productive year in Baltimore. Steve Smith and that extra 13 million could have made a whole lot of difference in Seattle. That's on the GM.

What I saw out of Gettleman's quote:  Remmers and Newell were just given a very big vote of confidence, and apparently they are the starting RT and LG going into training camp. 

Amini is not getting his job back at LG which means (with relief) they have finally figured out he is not really that good, and Newell is better.  And that they think Remmers can start at RT. 

We didn't draft Trai Turner?

Or sign Andrew Norwell?

(how in the heck did these guys get on our roster?) :unsure:

Can you clarify what you're talking about in reference to my post?

I never said anything to imply Gettleman has neglected the offensive line in the past or is doing so now.  I said if it so happens that he does so on draft day, then we will (maybe...) have something to talk about.  Otherwise, this quote (the one of him saying Oher could solidify the offensive line) is meaningless to me.  So I'm not sure where this...

don't go messing up his misguided hate. ;)

is coming from.  I'm defending Gettleman.

Can you clarify what you're talking about in reference to my post?

I never said anything to imply Gettleman has neglected the offensive line in the past or is doing so now. I said if it so happens that he does so on draft day, then we will (maybe...) have something to talk about. Otherwise, this quote (the one of him saying Oher could solidify the offensive line) is meaningless to me. So I'm not sure where this...

is coming from. I'm defending Gettleman.

Didn't sound like it to me, but if you say you meant it differently than I read, I'll take your word for it.

Ugh, did you even read my post above that where I quoted you? I listed two players that weren't really options and there is not much left after that.

You're the one that keeps acting like you know how to run a franchise and criticize the FO but won't list any I your ideas to improve the team at the tackle position.

He knows if he lists anything all faux credibility he's tried to acquire will be blown to hell because once he does try to do a better job than Gettleman he will be exposed for a know-nothing with shitty ideas but a big mouth

That was Gettlemans decision to tag Hardy when he wasn't going to be here next season regardless of his case. It was a bad move. It was a bad move to release Steve Smith. You have 13 million sitting at home and another 5 million having a very productive year in Baltimore. Steve Smith and that extra 13 million could have made a whole lot of difference in Seattle. That's on the GM.

How is the gm at fault for the hardy situation? Hardy was the one that dated a crazy chick.

And enough with the steve smith stuff. He isn't the only player to be cut like that and he won't be the last.

Haha, it's one thing to have a positive outlook on this but you're beyond delusional

I'm more realistic than most fans. Pretty even keeled.

I don't care if ya disagree. Just shows me ya don't know Oher enough to really have an opinion on him. which is most of the huddle right now.

Welp I hope you're right and I'm wrong

all I'm stating is he has the talent.

He and the coaches still gotta get him to play up to his potential, which i can't promise will happen....but I'm confident that he can play well enough to be a stop gap for a year, or two.

That's all we really need.

If he plays better than that, then that's a bonus.

People seem to forget we were one of the last two teams to win Anthony Collins services but he chose TB.

It's not like Gettleman was ok we are only rolling with bell and chandler this season and not looking for anyone else. Gettleman looked in other directions and determined that no tackle was worth the investment this year. He didn't like any tackles in the draft enough to use a pick and the tackle he wanted in FA chose a different team but was offered the same contract.

But then we get bs posters in here talking about "reality" gtfo

Archived