• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF: Adding DT Melton alongside McCoy gives Bucs an "absolutely terrifying sub package pass rush from the inside"

gettlemanjack

we shall see...

Scott Smith @ ScottSBucs

2h

New Buc Henry Melton became friends with Gerald McCoy at

the Pro Bowl after '12 season & they talked about playing on

the same line someday.

Gerald McCoy @ Geraldini93

3h

@ HenMel OU and TX linking up. Hmmm this could get ugly for

somebody!! Let's work baby

Pro Football Focus Nathan Jahnke @ PFF_NateJahnke

3h

Henry Melton had a Pass Rushing Productivity of 8.2. Tampa

Bay is the only 4-3 team that has 2 DTs with a PRP above

7.5(he and McCoy at 9.4)

Pro Football Focus:

"Melton's +15.8 pass rushing grade in the regular season was sixth most among defensive tackles as a sub package player for the Cowboys and if he is to continue that role with the Buccaneers then that would give Tampa Bay an absolutely terrifying sub package pass rush from the inside if they were to pair Melton with Gerald McCoy."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/03/12/2015-free-agency-live-blog-day-3/

Pro Football Focus has Melton rated as the No. 15 defensive tackle in the league out of 81 qualifying players.

B_5kUejUQAA2lnA.jpg

mccoy is this all pro dude.

literally never does anything against us..like ever

him and lavonte david

i know they're consensus elite players and they're undeniably among the best at their positions in the league, but it seems like they're just kind of there every time we play them.  maybe one of them will have a nice pass breakup or a sack or something but that's it.  i can't remember one of them just taking over a game by himself like we've seen luke, thomas davis, or hardy do.

him and lavonte david

i know they're consensus elite players and they're undeniably among the best at their positions in the league, but it seems like they're just kind of there every time we play them.  maybe one of them will have a nice pass breakup or a sack or something but that's it.  i can't remember one of them just taking over a game by himself like we've seen luke, thomas davis, or hardy do.

lavonte is a freak and so is mccoy but yea they don't take over games like we are suppose to fear from them.

i'm not worried at all.

Archived