• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Gettleman is a GM... and you aren't.

Jeremy Igo

Cecil Shorts, Hakeem Nicks, Crabtree. Those are some guys I'm talking about that we can afford and instead choose to field Bersin.

THIS, these guys haven't been signed yet.  And would be perfect number 2 contributors, and shouldn't be asking for too much money at this point.  If they are, that would be beyond moronic.  

I'm not biased when it comes to Cam. My close friends will tell you that. I don't know if Cam is our answer or not because we haven't put the necessary talent around him to evaluate him properly. If Bersin isn't the #1 option in a playoff game does Cam complete that throw and lead a comeback? Maybe a Super Bowl? Who knows. I do know he isnt interested in signing an extension at this point and it has a lot to do with what you guys call my "bitching". Same reason Andrew Luck refused to play here, and now he's surrounded by talented players AND talented coaches.

Got them with that

ether_zps73cce4cb.png

Except you don't discuss them you just throw temper tantrums

The only people throwing a tantrum is the crowd that can't handle others not reciprocating the homer narrative.

I've been a part of numerous discussions in recent days, tell me TRG how many of your posts have offered something insightful and how many have been some panic induced hyperbole whine storm at posters who refuse to allow you to live happily in the fantasy you're concocting.

The only people throwing a tantrum is the crowd that can't handle others not reciprocating the homer narrative.

I've been a part of numerous discussions in recent days, tell me TRG how many of your posts have offered something insightful and how many have been some panic induced hyperbole whine storm at posters who refuse to allow you to live happily in he fantasy you're concocting.

Well, we can always go back to the record. I've often wondered about what percentage of certain members' posts will be hyperbolic, belittling, or sarcastic in nature.

The 'homerism' is back just like it was last year when everybody was on board with Bell & Chandler, including threads like these.  Remmers wouldn't have been on the team nor seen the field unless it was for injuries. 

Thus far, Gett has shown the ability to evaluate college talent and make decent draft picks.  That's what he did for the Giants.  He hasn't shown the ability to give his coach a competitive roster and adequately address weaknesses, while building through the draft.  Yes, we were limited due to the cap situation and he has only been here a short time ... everybody knows that.  However, Bell and Chandler .... really?  I think he truly believed it and that would have been his answer, even if he had the money.  He also passed on late round OTs that would have been upgrades to the current roster.

Truth is that there wasn't much available in free agency this year to upgrade our OT situation with capable starters ... much less studs.  The best of the group stayed with their former teams, as expected.  We dropped a guy at the bottom and picked up one close to the bottom, with a glimmer of hope that a previous relationship with our position coach will make him adequate again.  For me ... the question is does Gett really believe that Oher IS the answer or is he creating competition.  Also, nothing has been done yet to address our #2 or #3 CB (depending on where you slot Bene), WR or safety positions.  However, it is still early. 

Until we know how the rest unfolds ... he doesn't get the keys to the house.  He has an obvious talent for assessing college talent but is he cerebral enough to be a good GM.?.  Jury is still out.

I've been a part of numerous discussions in recent days, tell me TRG how many of your posts have offered something insightful and how many have been some panic induced hyperbole whine storm at posters who refuse to allow you to live happily in the fantasy you're concocting.

You literally just did what you said I was doing. This is your posting style not mine. I'm calling out a poo poster, who shits up multiple threads and literally gives no substance at all to his posts the past week.

You still have refused to engage in an actual discussion about players and contracts and how that fits with a long term plan with keeping our core intact. But carry on veruca. No ones stopping you from showing your ass.

We would not have the fun of conflict on here if the good Lord only gave internet rights to people with common sense. 

I am a homer.  This is a Panther website, where Panther fans go.  If anyone is looking for objectivity, don't google a discussion board dedicated to the Panthers.

Homers are critical of the team (sometimes unfairly) when things are not going well.  They support the team when things are going well.  I personally LOVE the moves and the style Gettlemen is demonstrating.  Yes, I want the eye-level Snickers bar at the grocery store checkout, but I have the sense to know that Mom knows what is best for me when she puts it back.  Some want to make Mom the villain, when if you had your way, you would be a 350 lb. middle aged, pimple-faced man still living in her basement, banging away at your computer about objectivity on a Panther discussion board.  

We had no business being in the playoffs and it showed

We might have looked like we belong if only we would have won a playoff game with a stifling defensive performance, made it inothe top eight and been able to hang toe to toe with the prior year's world champs for around three quarters of a game, at least.

Shame nothing like that happened, huh? :unsure:

Or it's just a cheap way to sidestep a valid point that you disagree with, and scream "overreaction" when there really is none. 

How can one have a valid point when they keep ignoring the lingering cap issues caused by the former gm and not the current? I don't mind signing a mid tier vet if they are worth it and wont be overpaid. Nor am i a guy that bitches when we don't sign a vet.

Sure we had a loser record and managed to stumble our way into the playoffs. Do i like we made it in? YES..do i hate the fact we lost? Yes. Should we have been in the playoffs? No

Even after drafting cam newton in 2011 and trading for olsen  I formerly believe we still had no business sniffing the playoffs. Not because i'm a hater. But because i saw holes at other spots and knew it would take a few years to fix them and that others would crop up because of the cap problems and that overreacting and signing a guy way more than he is worth in free agency is not the idea way to do it.  We will have more cap space next year and the year after that. If we still don't go after guys then? Then yes you, i, and others would have a point in complaining. Now? no.

Archived