• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The reason Cam isn't in a hurry to sign a contract

GoobyPls

Hopefully I'm dead wrong and he signs tomorrow

Everyone read about Cam wanting to wait until Wilson and Luck to set the market but personally I think Cam and his agent aren't gonna sign until we actually try surrounding him with talent. You think Cam isn't noticing how every other team at least tries to surround there young franchise QB with talent.

People in here seem to be more worried about 2 or 3 years into the future than actually winning next season, Cam might not want to be for the future if we keep low balling him. Same goes with Rivera, on paper we have one of the least talented teams in the league and we expect to make the playoff year and year out with a bunch of bargain FA and mid and late round draft picks?

Cam has two 1,000 receivers and a1,000 back. All he really needs is an oline and no...he really is wanting until the market sets. I think he should get less than Wilson and Luck but not much less.

You've mentioned this before, but I will note it again, we have not had a 1,000 yard rusher since 2009.

Olsen, and KB are damn good, but we really need Cotchery to step up this season.

Cam has two 1,000 receivers and a1,000 back. All he really needs is an oline and no...he really is wanting until the market sets. I think he should get less than Wilson and Luck but not much less.

Cam has the one of the 5 worst receiving cores in the NFL, one of the 5 worst O-lines in the NFL and takes Cam's rushing yards away and he the panthers rank 25th in rushing

Who cares? He either wants to be part of what they are building or he doesn't. I'm a Panthers fan, not a player fan and Cam, although a pretty good QB, is not the GOAT and cannot dictate what this team does regarding player acquisitions. And before you call me a hater, I was on board with drafting him from the start.

Money, it IS about money

you guys are attaching soooooo much estrogen to your comments, it is pitiful.

signing now is not in Cams best interest, a 5 win season does not give Rosenhaus the leverage he wants, so he is happy to have a healthy Cam go into next season and hopefully get back to 11 or 12 wins.

Gman would probably like to sign him now while he has more leverage

But make no mistake, it is about money, always will be for every QB and agent and GM

Archived