• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you be mad if gettleman chose Todd Gurley as our first round pick?

Todd Gurley RB, Georgia Pick #25  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be mad if Todd Gurley was our First Round Pick?

• Yes
    • No

So you aren't counting Boston for whatever reason, and serviceable doesn't count on late round picks but injuries DO count against Gettleman. Mmmkay. Got it.

But yeah, I agree with you sentiment about Hurney, he could hit those first round slow pitches out of the park.

I'm not so sure Gettleman takes Cam if he was our GM in 2011, I give Marty credit for that.

I don't think we've seen enough of Boston in order to grade him just yet. I know Bene has played in one less game but in the 10 he played he's shown that he can play. Like I said Boston got abused in Seattle and I'm just not sold on him yet as our future FS (just my worthless opinion). I'm assuming you like Boston and most do on this board (UNC) so I just left him out for arguments sake.

I'm not so sure Gettleman takes Cam if he was our GM in 2011, I give Marty credit for that.

I don't think we've seen enough of Boston in order to grade him just yet. I know Bene has played in one less game but in the 10 he played he's shown that he can play. Like I said Boston got abused in Seattle and I'm just not sold on him yet as our future FS (just my worthless opinion). I'm assuming you like Boston and most do on this board (UNC) so I just left him out for arguments sake.

I think Boston has potential and I'm a UNC hater. I agree that the jury's still out on him. I do give Marty credit for pulling the trigger on Cam. A lot of guys wouldn't have. As far as whether or not DG would have, we'll never know, but I get the feeling he probably wouldn't have. Who knows?...But the rest of that 2011 draft was absolutely atrocious.

I think Boston has potential and I'm a UNC hater. I agree that the jury's still out on him. I do give Marty credit for pulling the trigger on Cam. A lot of guys wouldn't have. As far as whether or not DG would have, we'll never know, but I get the feeling he probably wouldn't have. Who knows?...But the rest of that 2011 draft was absolutely atrocious.

Yep, Hurney pissed away A LOT of picks, will never argue that. I was simply stating/making a joke about them both making the most of their 1st rounders.

kugbila, barner, gaffney

Mostly terrible examples. Someone getting injured or stolen by another team doesn't make them a bad pick.

Barner is the only one of those 3 that an argument could be made about. He had lots of talent but was just too small for the NFL.

It's a giving fact the Panthers will find a running back in this draft with the departure of Deangelo . Stewart hasn't had a healthy season in a while so it isn't realistic to expect him to carry the entire load this season. I would love to have Todd Gurley on our team since he is from the 252. If he is there at 25 he definitely will be the BPA at that pick. I still believe we go OT in the first round but I wouldn't be upset at all if we took Todd Gurley. It wouldn't be a value pick but he would be a heck of a weapon in the run game and it gives us the flexibility to move on from Stewart in 2016.

Archived