• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Goodson vs. Jonathan Stewart

top dawg

I'm extremely excited about Goodson's explosiveness and his future with us, but he's not better than Stewart. If Stewart is healthy, I think we're going to be seeing Double Trouble getting 95% of the carries just like last year, with Goodson getting maybe 4-5 carries a game, as well as snagging a couple catches a game and manning the kick returns. That may not seem like a huge role, but with his big-play ability he could help us out a lot doing just that.

If Stewart is not healthy, I see Goodson getting around 30-35% of the carries, with D-Will leading the way.

HA! It never fails...last year it was "Stewart is better than Williams" now it is Goodson....such rubbish

I don't see where anyone has said that Goodson is better than Stewart. This is supposed to be an analytical discussion about how each is used.

If you think about it, there may come a day when these two are our featured backs. This season will probably tell us a lot (even more, the off season).

Analytical discussion is supposed to be a good thing in a forum.

I understand that, the problem is, there is nothing to analyze. Goodson is doing great in the preseason....that's it, nothing more, nothing else. This isn't a situation like Jarrett vs. Moore where one player has been with the team longer, but has clearly shown nothing, while the other is doing better on the field. This is about two RBs, one clearly established and regarded as one of the better RBs in the league, and the other simply doing well in the preseason...there is no comparison. Goodson will be a slot receiver at best this season.

Goodson has been a nice player in the preseason, but he hasn't taken a meaningful carry in his career. Stewart has already proven that he can dominate NFL games. Goodson hasn't even proven he can dominate preseason games. Yes, he has had some really sterling moments but he has also fouled up a few times, lost a few fumbles, and missed a cut block that translated directly into a sack.

Goodson will serve as a change of pace type player. I wouldn't be shocked to see him take some wildcat snaps if we implement that into our system. He would be a perfect guy to do an end around with Williams and then catch the ball. He has amazing hands out of the backfield, but in order to be in the game on passing downs he's going to have to learn to make those crucial blocks.

We could see a steady diet of him in the slot. He's just the kind of player you need to get the ball to because he's so strong in traffic and cuts so well.

Even though the early returns have been bad for him, he should by all accounts be a tremendous return man. I think that is where we need to see him prove he can do it.

I think Goodson will see plenty of action this season. We can use him for PRs and KRs, screens, sweeps, lined up as a WR, ect. Every game we should have a few plays to get Goodson the ball in space, and let him make something happen with his sick track star speed. But when it's time to get some hard yardage between the tackles, Stewart is our man. Not that Williams can't do it, but Stewart is harder to bring down. We should have an amazing running game this season barring injury.

Goodson has shown enough potential that if a trade for Stewart and a stud DT did come down the wire, they would at least look at it.

jackpot

And I think Seattle might fit the bill. Jstew is from that part of the country and DT's might fit back here.

Archived