• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this real? (Trading Newton)

RockyTopVol

random person with 30 follwers tweets something leading to 30 page debate on trading cam

I'm not really seeing any 'debate' here.

It's mostly a bunch of people piling on saying "no, this is stupid and the guy who started it is a douche'.

goodgrief.gif

I'm sorry, I know im in the minority but my opinion has been that while Cam is good he is not elite good like Rodgers, Tom Brady or Manning and as such, if a good enough trade came about I would not be opposed. I like Stafford better as an overall passer. I just think he is overrated by Panther fans, don't get me wrong, he's a solid QB, I'm not saying he's bad, I just don't think he's elite and untouchable as some on here think he is

I'm sorry, I know im in the minority but my opinion has been that while Cam is good he is not elite good like Rodgers, Tom Brady or Manning and as such, if a good enough trade came about I would not be opposed. I like Stafford better as an overall passer. I just think he is overrated by Panther fans, don't get me wrong, he's a solid QB, I'm not saying he's bad, I just don't think he's elite and untouchable as some on here think he is

so

trade for matthew stafford who has done so much less

with SO MUCH MORE talent around him.

Yeah. Okay.

You think Newton is overrated and you wanna trade for Stafford?

Stafford is a guy who puts up big stats but chokes and loses games in clutch situations.

I wouldn't trade a ham sandwich for a QB who fades when the chips are down.

there was a guy who called into the nfl channel on sirius this morning claiming to be from North Carolina that suggested the panthers should trade Newton to the chargers for Rivers.

enjoying the offseason yet?!!!!

I don't think much of Stafford at all.

The only guy I could see in a trade might be Rivers.  He wants to come back to the South and bring his large family.

He is a better passer than Cam, but Cam the better athlete and runner.  Probably a toss up

Archived