• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So Whatever Happened to That DB We Drafted from WV?

SetfreexX

Who just shockingly retired.

(shocking because few people actually realized he was still in it)

It's so powerful that he retired...he just wanted to dance at his daughters wedding, concussions ruined him...I'm sorry I just assume all players retire due to that, that's what the national media has convinced me at least.

It's so powerful that he retired...he just wanted to dance at his daughters wedding, concussions ruined him...I'm sorry I just assume all players retire due to that, that's what the national media has convinced me at least.

But for real, I thought Ike Taylor had legitimately killed him.

It was a dumb pick.  I know that seems obvious in hindsight, but Hurney spent the 1st pick of the 4th round on a CB coming off of a torn ACL with a laundry list of off-field issues.  That's the type of guy that almost always goes undrafted.  To make matters worse, he spent the pick before that, the last pick of the 3rd round on the legendary Sione Fua.

Again, to be fair, if Gettleman made the same pick, people would say "BPA!! Gettlemagic!"

He never fully recovered from his injury. To say he simply sucked and that he had a terrible work habit is a bit of a simplification of the situation.

it's better for some people's huddle ego if they can spout off information like they know what went on, even when they don't

it's better for some people's huddle ego if they can spout off information like they know what went on, even when they don't

Actually as i recall it was Jordan Gross, speaking on local radio, who hinted that he had a poor work ethic.

Gross seemed to think he wasn't working as hard as he should have been to get back on the field.

(pretty sure it was discussed on here around that time)

Archived