• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interested in Landon Collins

Kuech the Sneak

Collins is a 1st R safety as a run stopper but not a 1st R safety in coverage. Plenty of mocks have him falling to us.I have a whole thread on it on the draft board

Bet sigs/avatar that he's either not there when we pick or that we take him? 

Other than the runningbacks, this seems like one of the most debated prospects on this board.

So a question to the pro and anti Collins posters: Why should I support, or not support, taking him?

Has all the intangibles to excel in coverage if coached up, is already an amazing box safety which is exactly what fits Rivera's scheme perfectly, is a ball hawk and makes plays, and well, he isn't Roman Harper.

• Pie 3

Has all the intangibles to excel in coverage if coached up, is already an amazing box safety which is exactly what fits Rivera's scheme perfectly, is a ball hawk and makes plays, and well, he isn't Roman Harper.

Gotcha.

What's your response to the folks saying Alabama DBs are overrated?

Other than the runningbacks, this seems like one of the most debated prospects on this board.

So a question to the pro and anti Collins posters: Why should I support, or not support, taking him?

He's pretty big (stocky and muscular) for a safety and is pretty fast as well. Ran a 4.53 at the combine. Great closing speed and can throw a big hit. He has experience playing deep or in the box. His coverage skills are his weak spot but he has the athletic ability to improve there. He'd be a great fit here at SS in my opinion. 

Edited by TylerVagyler

He's pretty big (stocky and muscular) for a safety and is pretty fast as well. Ran a 4.53 at the combine. Great closing speed and can throw a big hit. He has experience playing deep or in the box. His coverage skills are his weak spot but he has the athletic ability to improve there. He'd be a great fit here at SS in my opinion.

So, Marlon McCree type?