• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If I Had to Call the WR Depth Chart Today...

SetfreexX

Brown was our most consistent receiver last year. 

He didn't even play WR in half the games so that doesn't make sense. He uses his chest to catch everything. Go watch Shermans pick against us. Philly is fading away to the ground preparing to chest the ball with his chest instead of using his hands to fight for the ball. I'm not saying little Philly Brown should have caught that ball like maybe Kelvin would have but he should have at least gave Sherman a battle for the ball and maybe it would haven't have been picked off. He was just the fastest WR we had. Ginn is faster and uses his hands and was much better than Philly when he was a Panther.

We can certainly find 5 WRs better than Philly. 

Jennings is not on the roster yet, so you cannot really include him.

Hill will have a chance in training camp, but unless he has improved drastically this off season, I do not see him making the team. 

KB

Rookie

Cotchery

Ginn

Brown

If we keep 6 it will be who ever wins the battle in training camp. It could be Bersin or a rookie.

I think Brown has more value than Cotchery and is a better receiver than Ginn. Cotchery is slow but can catch, run routes and offers veteran leadership. Ginn offers speed, return ability and can be a big play receiver but he has problems catching the ball. I see Cotchery being cut if we sign a FA or draft a WR. Hill has a chance of making the squad so I could see our depth chart looking like this

KB

Rookie

Hill

Brown

Ginn

Rookie or Cotchery

Or

KB

Jennings

Rookie

Brown

Hill

Ginn

I don't see us passing on a WR in the draft. I also believe that Ginn will probably be used on special teams only while Brown gets reps at WR.

Archived