• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is it that some of you huddlers are fixated on..

Some of the greatest receivers in NFL history have had very average speed, so Yeh speed alone doesn't make a guy an automatic star. Look at the guy we snagged last year, dude isnt a "barn burner" yet he scored double digit tds and had 1000 yards...

Kelvin is actually pretty fast in the open field. He's just a slug off the line.

Do you guys realize that doesn't mean a damn thing in the NFL? You have to have more than speed. I've seen countless of times were I read some of your comments and shake my head at the sheer stupidit.

I think speed means something to NFL coaches, front offices, experts.  The folks who have been doing this for 100 years have decided that the 40 time is a pretty important determining indicator.

Instead of railing the Huddle "stupidits", you need to find a way to get your info into the hands of the decision makers.

Why waste your time fixating on "you huddlers", when your opinions are far over our heads?

Can anyone here get this dude in touch with some NFL coaches?  They need to see the error of their ways.

Lol someone put the shoe on.

Well Bob from NC, I'm not about singling out huddlers, but getting the point across to the masses. Thanks for pointing out the typo I made on my smart phone. I'll make sure to not make simple mistakes like those so you don't dismiss the point completely and become butt hurt over the truth that was spread and you took to heart.

How's Mike Wallace and Cordarelle Patterson working out by the way guys? :D

People fixate on 40 times because: the average NFL fan is somewhere around the intelligence of the average American. Now HALF of those fans are dumber than that.

40 times are on par with the 2nd grade reading level. They're universally easy to understand. Player X can get down the field faster than Player Y. 

They don't think about the hundreds of other variables that factor into success in the NFL, because that isn't as easy. 

Even more hilarious is using the 40 to test an olinemans speed.

If any olinemen is running 40 yards you either have a bad decision by the qb or the oline is blowing huge holes open.

The game isnt played in your underwear. Rice proved that. Jerrys 40 time was pretty bad, but he was faaaassssst.

Why is it that some of you huddlers are fixated on...

...making terrible thread titles that say nothing.

Best post in here. Not to pick on OP and it's not limited to just this forum, but it's an annoying pet peeve of mine.

Everyone in this thread.is going to one extreme or the other. Why can't we seek a dependable receiver who has a high football IQ and above average speed? Not a barn burner, but a quick kid that can accelerate out of a break and get separation? He doesn't have to be the perfect catcher or the speediest guy in the draft. He just needs good hands, smarts, and acceleration.

I guess I value catching ability, smarts, acceleration, height, and speed in that general order. Speed ought to be icing on the cake...

Archived