• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Holidays suck.

Dex

tbh i didn't give a flying poo about holidays for about a decade (largely because of years of family problems, there was a lot of poo i associated with them that i just didn't want to relive even if they weren't there) but now that i have a kid it's completely different. i sat around all morning and ate jellybeans with my almost two year old… best easter i've had probably ever.

Always tire me out fast, but it's good and fun for the few hours before I've got my ass planted in my chair watching some old movie or sporting event. I wouldn't be able to handle it if I had to do any of the cooking or cleaning or planning. I do what I'm asked to do: stay out of the way. So it all works out.

Am I the only miserable SOB that can't stand holidays? You're forced to talk to relatives, the stress of the cooking and cleaning and now my usual Sunday of doing nothing(masterbating/video games) is ruined. I get it for the kids but this sucks. 

/rant

Christmas and Thanksgiving are the only ones I go home for nowadays. Besides, there is nothing "HOLY" about the major ones anymore. They're all corporate scams that require people to BUY THINGS they don't really need. Christmas, Easter, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, none of them were cash cows for retailers from the beginning. 

Archived