• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CBS Sports 7 Round Mock Draft

not a fan of rounds 1, 2, and 4-----so that's a no go for me

TJ Clemmings could end up being Jeff Otah 2.0 all potential nothing long-term

Hell no to any USC receiver particularly ones graded in the second round 

Why waste a 4th rounder on a QB this year? We have DA and if Cam gets seriously injured the season is lost anyway

I don't think it would really say much about Cam and contract negotiations.

Our current back-up QB is getting up there in age and does cost a fair amount. Good teams always look to have young players they are developing in the wings....and that includes QB. Waiting until you no longer have a QB to try and find one is a recipe for disaster.

Drafting a young (somewhat developmental QB) serves multiple purposes:

1. Allows you to not carry an expensive back-up QB

2. Allows you to hedge against losing your current QB in FA (if the price goes up too far for your starter)

3. Allows you to develop them for a year or two and them flip them for a higher draft pick in a trade

4. Allows you to have a young QB in a similar mold to your starter/offensive scheme (athletic QB) so that you do not have to change much in your scheme if you need to start them

This might be a good year to invest a mid round pick on a guy.

We have to much holes to waste a mid round pick on a QB, that's a luxury pick we can't afford.

How much of those mid round picks actually get flipped for a higher pick? Mallet went in the third the pats got a 6 round pick in return. No one wants to trade for Cousins, it goes on and on.

Not Bad would take it.  Not overly thrilled about a QB in round 4 but I would take this draft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25149011/seven-round-2015-nfl-mock-draft-dgb-gurley-goldman-fall-out-of-first

25.  T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh

57.  Nelson Agholor, WR, Southern Cal

89.  Duke Johnson, RB, Miami

124.Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State

161. Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss

169. Gerod Holliman, S, Louisville

174. Corey Robinson, OT, Auburn

201. Andy Gallik, C, Boston College

242. Troy Hill, CB, Oregon

This would really address all our needs on top of the free agents we signed

Here is an article about Gerod Holliman being compared to a young Ed Reed

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000426238/article/scouts-take-louisvilles-gerod-holliman-like-a-young-ed-reed

No SoCal wide receivers!!! No!!

We have to much holes to waste a mid round pick on a QB, that's a luxury pick we can't afford.

How much of those mid round picks actually get flipped for a higher pick? Mallet went in the third the pats got a 6 round pick in return. No one wants to trade for Cousins, it goes on and on.

The fact that you disagree with me is proof that I am 100% correct.

Thanks

Not a huge fan of Agholor, but he would be a great value in the 2nd.

Then again, the thought of the Panthers drafting another USC WR in the 2nd round should send chills down the spine of the fanbase.

Why aren't you a fan of Agholor? The more I watch of him the more I like and believe he would be a perfect fit here. Elite burst off the line, one of the best route runners in the draft, good size and speed with the ability to play inside or outside, fearless across the middle of the field, and great hands. Also adds great value in the return game if we needed him in a pinch because of injury. Could replace Ginn at Punt Returner when he is gone.

That'd really be an amazing draft. Sure some of us like one or two OTs that were available more than Clemmings, but if that's who Gettleman chose I'd trust him. Also not a huge fan of a QB in the 4th, but there would be sound strategy behind it. Remember they wanted Wilson a few years back. It wouldn't say anything about Cam's contract, just that they want a younger QB to develop behind Cam. Anderson isn't going to be in the league as long as Cam will, going to need a backup eventually.

Why aren't you a fan of Agholor? The more I watch of him the more I like and believe he would be a perfect fit here. Elite burst off the line, one of the best route runners in the draft, good size and speed with the ability to play inside or outside, fearless across the middle of the field, and great hands. Also adds great value in the return game if we needed him in a pinch because of injury. Could replace Ginn at Punt Returner when he is gone.

I think he did a bit of feasting on weak competition.

Last season, he had 5 100 yard games combining for 794 of his 1313 yards.  That's 60% of his yardage in 38% of his games.

Those 5 teams were ranked 43rd, 84th, 117th, 119th, and 123rd in defense.  That's out of 128 teams.  Three of his 100+ yard games were against teams that ranked among the very worst defenses in the country.  Only one of them was against an above average defense.

I also just can't get past the fact that Steven Nelson, a CB who I really like but who is considered a mid-round prospect, just absolutely shut him down.  Three catches for 27 yards in that game.  To be fair, that game is a big reason for why I both like Nelson and am not overly high on Agholor. 

I think he did a bit of feasting on weak competition.

Last season, he had 5 100 yard games combining for 794 of his 1313 yards. That's 60% of his yardage in 38% of his games.

Those 5 teams were ranked 43rd, 84th, 117th, 119th, and 123rd in defense. That's out of 128 teams. Three of his 100+ yard games were against teams that ranked among the very worst defenses in the country. Only one of them was against an above average defense.

I also just can't get past the fact that Steven Nelson, a CB who I really like but who is considered a mid-round prospect, just absolutely shut him down. Three catches for 27 yards in that game. To be fair, that game is a big reason for why I both like Nelson and am not overly high on Agholor.

We can do that with every WR in the draft not name Cooper...

You swear by Hardy what was his competition level??

You swear by Hardy what was his competition level??

My initial thoughts... Overall, I wouldn't think he faced better competition.  Not at ECU. 

But, Hardy did have 100+ yard games over the #20 defense in the country vs. Florida and he also had 100+ yard games against Tulane and UConn.  While those weren't elite defenses, both teams do have legit NFL prospect CBs in Lorenzo Doss and Byron Jones, respectively.  And while not a huge name in college football, Hardy also had a 100+ yard game against UCF which ranked 9th in defense last year.

After breaking it down statistically... 8 100 yard games for Hardy vs. 5 for Agholor.  The average ranking of the defenses in Hardy's 8 games was 68th with his best two vs. #9 and #20, one of which game vs. a team with a 100+ ranked defense.  The average ranking of the defenses in Agholor's 5 games was #97 with his best two vs. #43 and #84, three of which came against 100+ ranked defenses.

So... yeah, after taking an in-depth look at their seasons, I think it's fair to say that Agholor feasted on weak competition.

Archived