• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jameis Winston: I didn't steal the crab legs

TNPanther

Yea, he should've had that employee bring them out to him. I've gotten hooked up by friends at stores when I was younger, so this sounds like it's what likely happened.

Or maybe he should not have accepted them.

There was a 99% chance that the employee was not paying for them....therefore they were stolen. He in essence would have been accepting stolen property.

Gotta be smarter when you are a top athlete...draft coming up...and everything you do will be under a microscope,

that sounds more likely than him just walking out with something on his own.Still not smart but it does have the ring of truth. The question is, was the employee going to pay for them? that is doubtful.

I actually heard this story VERBATIM months ago from someone that lived in the Tallahassee area. I was unsure about whether to believe it or not but he told it exactly as it was told to me.

Wow.

Anybody who knows anything about college/ college athletics knows that this happens all the time. And this type of thing doenst start in college.

Athletes are used to getting preferential treatment... well before college. And they continue to get preferential treatment after college. This isn't a new thing... and this happens at EVERY university there is. Jalen Rose says this is happening at 99.99% of the universities.

I don't think many of you understand that amount of hypocrisy that exists in your own moral compass. It's one thing to think that he's flat out lying and that he really did steal them. But To say ... he got hooked up and "you just shouldn't have gotten caught," is equally as ignorant as Jameis walking out with a crab legs.

I don't change my stance that Jameis makes poor decisions... but to moralize on him as if his "off the field" issues makes him a bad quarterback is moronic.

And most teens and 20 year olds do not make their University and community millions of dollars or get in trouble for cussing.

Get over it. This story has gotten more attention than an a former NFL star being CONVICTED OF MURDER and is up for another DOUBLE MURDER.

America. Priorities. 

GET SOME.

Free Shoes University

Anybody who knows anything about college/ college athletics knows that this happens all the time. And this type of thing doenst start in college.

Athletes are used to getting preferential treatment... well before college. And they continue to get preferential treatment after college. This isn't a new thing... and this happens at EVERY university there is. Jalen Rose says this is happening at 99.99% of the universities.

I don't think many of you understand that amount of hypocrisy that exists in your own moral compass. It's one thing to think that he's flat out lying and that he really did steal them. But To say ... he got hooked up and "you just shouldn't have gotten caught," is equally as ignorant as Jameis walking out with a crab legs.

I don't change my stance that Jameis makes poor decisions... but to moralize on him as if his "off the field" issues makes him a bad quarterback is moronic.

His series of dumb decisions and actions do not make him a bad QB....just a risky pick to some extent.

With millions of dollars, are his poor decision making skills going to get him into bigger trouble. That is the question that teams have to get comfortable with.

If I'm a team needing A QB I'm not passing him up over some damn crab legs.

If that were the only dumb thing he had done, I am with you.

Bigger concern is dumb decision after dumb decision. There seems to be a deep rooted pattern and no real acknowledgement that he needs to change it.

Or maybe he should not have accepted them.

There was a 99% chance that the employee was not paying for them....therefore they were stolen. He in essence would have been accepting stolen property.

Gotta be smarter when you are a top athlete...draft coming up...and everything you do will be under a microscope,

Very true about being smarter. There's too much to gain, and you don't want to mess it up.

Archived