• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: SS Swearinger claimed by Bucs on waivers

@bobbyagnese

DJ has been a weakness in coverage only because the entire secondary has been weak. Put him in our secondary and he would flourish with the way our defensive scheme works. He is an absolute tone-setter with the big hits he makes and he does not back down from anyone. I would love adding him to the Panthers' D.

I know mentioning Madden is a cliched response. But I actually did trade for him in Madden and then replaced him with one of the rookies I drafted because he was by far the weakest part of my defense.

But fear not gents, because Kony Ealy will be rated 97 overall two years from now and Bene Benwikere will be a 95.

Do people really think the Texans would trade a 2nd round pick after two years for a 5th or later? No way this will happen.

Mark Barron was the #7 overall pick in the draft and was traded after two seasons for a 4th rounder.  

The Texans have had a coaching change since Swearinger was drafted.  He may not fit into what O'Brien wants to do.

selling high? hes been letting any player worth anything walk or cutting them.

I could see that changing. those other players were let walk because they were not under contract to trade and we were in cap hell.

These players Gents keeps hitting on in the draft will mature and there will come a time when its smart to trade some if you want to stay out of cap hell.

Down the road.

Mark Barron was the #7 overall pick in the draft and was traded after two seasons for a 4th rounder.  

The Texans have had a coaching change since Swearinger was drafted.  He may not fit into what O'Brien wants to do.

I think you're right.  Not being able to cover anyone at the safety position probably doesn't fit in to O'Brien's scheme.   I'm sure here he can fill in for the void we have been missing since Sherrod Martin left if we traded for him.

Archived