• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade up to 9th pick of second round - select Devin Funchess

Montsta

When will people learn to trust Gettleman? With the work he has done so far, he at least deserves the benefit of the doubt and i will support any decision he makes in the draft until i have a reason not to. And no, 'experts' eslamming our picks is most definitely not a reason.

People keep saying stuff like this, but he has done nothing, absolutely nothing, to earn any sort of "benefit of the doubt" when it comes to OT. I don't trust him to protect our franchise QB, and why should I? The job he has done in that area has been simply inadequate thus far.

Honest question: Why do you guys still cite sites like Rotoworld or SI for their instant draft reactions? When have they EVER EVER EVEEER been accurate? How many years do they have to be wrong before we stop bringing their opinions up like they matter any more than ours do?

To you guys complaining about our slow guys, are you forgetting we have Corey Brown and Ted Ginn Jr? Am I the only one that's expecting a HUGE leap forward for Brown?

Brown gets hurt on every other catch and is still a huge question mark. Ginn is two years older and has ALWAYS been a question mark. He also has suspect hands but I'm happy we have somebody with speed at least. Neither are REAL answers.

Devin Funchess is faster than his 40 time indicates. His game speed is impressive for his size, really.

Guy runs good routes, from all I've seen. Adjusts to the ball well. Catches the ball well in traffic. Is somewhat elusive, for his size. And then there is the fact of his size. Another 6'5" option for Cam. Philly and Ginn can take the top off the defense. Kelvin and Funchess can still get open deep with good route running and play design and offensive alignment.

How can anybody be mad about the pick? Gettleman made an aggressive move trading our third pick, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade back up into the third. Maybe late third, but it's still possible. Relax, people.

We don't have enough draft value unless we trade away future picks, which, correct me if i am wrong, doesn't happens in the later rounds?

At first it was amusing to read the blind-faith homers rationalize the picks ... even the latest knucklehead refuting that we should have gotten OL help. Seems to be even worse than last year. We went from 'answer is already on the roster' with Bell & Chandler to two retreads that have more drama than ability. Before I destress and stop reading ... MAJOR PROPS to Jeremy. The man has been spot on and is connected. Thanks for the insight.

IF he's even close to Jimmy Graham or Alshon Jeffery then yes he is. Gettleman hates trading picks...the fact that he did means something. We all know he is not a knee jerk reaction or panic move guy....he must love this kid ALOT. I'm sorry but I trust him over Kiper,McShay, and Mayock...all of whom hated us picking Cam and even our whole draft last year...which in hindsight was one of the best in the league. Just maybe DG knows his poo.

Here's to hoping so...cheers boys!

He doesn't have the hands of Jeffrey not even close and Jimmy super soft. If you're going trade up in the 2nd, get Fisher to protect Cam or Devin Smith who has what a 39 inch vertical, very fast and is made for the deep ball. One thing we needed last season was SPEED, more of it.

People keep saying stuff like this, but he has done nothing, absolutely nothing, to earn any sort of "benefit of the doubt" when it comes to OT. I don't trust him to protect our franchise QB, and why should I? The job he has done in that area has been simply inadequate thus far.

To say that he has done nothing when it comes to OT is wrong, when the 3 guys that will be competing for the two spots are guys who weren't on the roster at this time last year.

And back to back division championships for the first time in NFC South history should earn him some trust with the fanbase. But i guess not...

To you guys complaining about our slow guys, are you forgetting we have Corey Brown and Ted Ginn Jr? Am I the only one that's expecting a HUGE leap forward for Brown?

Not at all...

there's at least 2 of us, I really like Philly. We only had 1 fast receiver last year...at worst case we have 2 this year

We don't have enough draft value unless we trade away future picks, which, correct me if i am wrong, doesn't happens in the later rounds?

But we could always trade a player, 5th, and 7th to somebody in the late third who doesn't see anybody they like. Again, long shot, and I don't necessarily believe it's something we'll do, but it's just a possibility. Even if we don't, we've had two solid picks. I'm not mad at all.

Brown gets hurt on every other catch and is still a huge question mark. Ginn is two years older and has ALWAYS been a question mark. He also has suspect hands but I'm happy we have somebody with speed at least. Neither are REAL answers.

Do we have to have speedsters at every WR spot on the roster? Ted Ginn being our fastest receiver was good enough to go 12-4 in 2013 and I think Corey Brown can be a very reliable burner this season. 

Offensive line is still a concern and I can understand why someone would complain about that not having been addressed yet. But getting a very fast receiver is just not a priority for this team with the way the roster is currently comprised. We're good enough there.

Archived