• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade up to 9th pick of second round - select Devin Funchess

Montsta

I tried to read through this entire thread.  I really did try.           I couldn't make it through all the whining and bitching though.   

The only thing remotely entertaining was the couple of posters trying to hype up Kiper,  rotoworld and other sites.

I like the pick.   Funchess is going to be good for us.

If you're an NFL GM and you're paying attention to media "draft expert" opinion, your name is Marty Hurney.

If you're an NFL GM you should be paying attention to *every* opinion you can get your hands on. How do people not understand that *other peoples opinions determine where players will be drafted*. If you have a guy rated as a #2 and everyone else says he's a #4...I'm not debating your assessment whatsoever, but if you take him in the 2nd, you're not a great drafter. Why not try to nab him in the 3rd and get a steal vs reach because he was your BPA.

Anyone who's done a Fantasy Draft knows the scenario. That one guy who is convinced Matt Ryan is going to be a stud this year...and drafts him at the top of the 2nd. When he probably could have gotten the same guy in the top of the 4th.

Look at that board again, and tell me how we couldn't have traded DOWN...giving up our 1st...gotten both Funchess and Shaq...and still kept our 3rd and 6th?

I like both guys and am a big DG fan. But he did not manage those picks well.

You can't completely ignore what everyone else (your peers and the draft "experts") are saying about a player - if you do, you can end up drafting players at the wrong time.

Media guys who aren't part of an NFL scouting department and make mistakes on an annual basis?

I absolutely can ignore those guys, and should.

If you're an NFL GM you should be paying attention to *every* opinion you can get your hands on. How do people not understand that *other peoples opinions determine where players will be drafted*. If you have a guy rated as a #2 and everyone else says he's a #4...I'm not debating your assessment whatsoever, but if you take him in the 2nd, you're not a great drafter. Why not try to nab him in the 3rd and get a steal vs reach because he was your BPA.

Anyone who's done a Fantasy Draft knows the scenario. That one guy who is convinced Matt Ryan is going to be a stud this year...and drafts him at the top of the 2nd. When he probably could have gotten the same guy in the top of the 4th.

Look at that board again, and tell me how we couldn't have traded DOWN...giving up our 1st...gotten both Funchess and Shaq...and still kept our 3rd and 6th?

I like both guys and am a big DG fan. But he did not manage those picks well.

Uhhhhh No.

The opinions of your scouts and medical personnel matter. The opinions of idiots like Mayock and Kiper matter about as much to a GM as the opinion of someone posting on here.

Archived