• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La'El Collins may be in play after all

Mr. Scot

Maximum salary is $390,000. Guaranteed amount is $68,000, and max signing bonus is $75,000.

Read up more here: http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/5/4/2998379/dallas-cowboys-undrafted-free-agents-how-much-will-they-get-paid

This is why I stated two more years added won't be the way he would go. Additional $136,000 guaranteed, or play to make somewhere in the millions, perhaps 10's of millions?

Why couldn't he? I thought that was allowed as long as you were drafted?

He said he'd re-enter if he wasn't drafted, which the NFL Network guys explained was against the rules.

His agent originally tried to get him out of this draft and put him in the Supplemental Draft.  The league rejected the request.

Once that happened, it was be drafted, UDFA or street free agent next season.  No other options.

Yeah, his agent should have kept his mouth shut. He probably would have gotten drafted on day 3.

Then you announce your intent to sit out and reenter next year's draft.

I doubt it. It was probably a collective decision by the owners that nobody was gonna touch him until he was completely cleared. There's no way the NFL lets the risk to its image happen right now with Hernandez, Rice, and everything else thats happened casting a long shadow.

I found a pretty good article on his options as an UDFA now http://overthecap.com/what-can-lael-collins-earn-as-an-undrafted-free-agent/. While he will sacrifice the bonus that a drafted player gets, he gains a lot of flexibility in being able to chose a team, renegotiating his contract, and what year he hits free agency.  Also he can get his entire salary guaranteed if i'm reading correctly and he won't be making that much less than a player drafted on day 3.  All in all I think his agents made the best decision they could in the limited amount of time they had.

God if we got him and Williams in one draft it'd immediately take care of our offensive line. Similar to Star and KK on the defensive line.

If that happens, I'll give Zod permission to email every 'ugly' joke I've ever made to Andrew Norwell.

His innocence still needs to be proven before I think we should even discuss him as a Panther.

He isn't a suspect. When the dust settles I hope we offer him a contract. The talent is there. I know Jerry would be afraid to because of the Hardy situation.

http://www.reddit.com/r/panthers/comments/34q810/showing_lael_collins_some_love/

DIscussion over on Reddit.  I agree with the OP, because I am the OP.  We should be showering his Twitter with support.  Not only because he would be a great addition to our team, but also, if he is completely innocent, can you imagine what he must be going through?

He lost an ex-girlfriend, maybe a child, millions of dollars, and had his name drug through the mud.  Guy needs some sympathy just in case.  

Archived