• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"When you build the team right, it minimizes the importance of the quarterback." - Mike Pettine

100% wrong.  That's why the Browns haven't made the playoffs since 2002.

Buffalo's old GM once said "When you have a QB you can just draft Best Player Available"

For those who don't know, Buddy Nix, Buffalo's old GM got caught in an illegally record phone scam some kids concocted.  Funny story if you wanna read it.   http://deadspin.com/pranksters-record-two-nfl-gms-discussing-free-agency-ov-452366184

Doesn't it make sense to build a team where you minimize your dependence on any one position? Isn't that pretty much exactly what many on here would say Seattle has done considering the prevailing opinion of Wilson around here?

It IS what Seattle has done with Wilson, but you still need a good QB that can run the system.  And Wilson is a good QB that can run their system.

It IS what Seattle has done with Wilson, but you still need a good QB that can run the system. And Wilson is a good QB that can run their system.

I suspect this is what he might have been trying to say but failed. I think you need a pretty good QB but if you've built a good team you can do it in a way that the guys in the correct positions can minimize the flaws a QB may have.

Uh, sorry, but he isn't wrong. Of course the QB position is the most important but you're all missing the point. You don't have to have a superstar to win if you build a good overall team. The problem is the browns can't do that either.

But imagine when you have both its called a Dynasty my friend. 

Archived