• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La'el Collins signs with Cowboys

SCP

I was thinking that earlier. Perhaps part of the reason that Oher was signed for 2 years...so there is some transition between the guy we draft next year at Rd1 pick 32 and Oher at LT. I like it and can get behind that plan.

Wouldn't this also mean that we'd be looking at not just risking Cam's health this year behind Oher, but the next 2 years?  I hope Oher turns out to be better than everyone thinks with his health back and good coaching with Matsko.

He'll start at LG day 1.

Just looked it up and the money difference between OG and LT isn't nearly what I thought it would be.  OG actually outpaces RT in terms of pay.

The highest paid LT in the league this year is Tyron Smith at $12.2M.  The highest paid OG is Logan Mankins at $8.5M.  Obviously, the elite LTs get paid considerably more than the elite OGs, but that gap narrows significantly when you get out of the elite category.  The 20th highest paid LT is Matt Kalil at $4.9M.  The 20th highest paid OG is Shaun Lauvau at $4.25M.  If you're a top 15 LT, you're getting paid a premium for that position.  But beyond about #15, it evens out between LT and OG. 

RT has become the red headed step child of the OL.  Surprisingly, you're a lot better off playing OG than you are playing RT.  The highest paid RT is Gosder Cherilus at $7M and the #20 RT is Don Barclay at $1.54M.  Want a kick in the balls?  Nate Chandler is #21.  He'll make almost as much this year as La'el Collins will in the next three years combined.

Championship teams do not play by the rules. They play to win.

If you are a small market team, and you listened to a large market team tell you no one should draft a first round talent so he can be a free agent, then you are just dumb.

At worse you throw a pick away. Carolina Panthers were throwing picks away all over the place in this draft.

Our best chance of getting him was In the draft, even if the nfl

Would have frown about it fug em, the Seahawks drafted a guy with a DV charge with there first pick. It was a slim chance getting him anyway from owner to general manger.

I know one thing,I wish we would quit worrying about what the 31 others teams are doing when it comes to making decisions or getting players

SCP when I mentioned that and rumgone gave some false reply about us actively trying to get him with no proof, you propped him. Smh

Don't get all caught up in message board props. I favorite a lot of people, whether I think they are right or wrong, for sharing opinions. Who cares what I think anyway, I'm no expert.

Cowboys also loaded up on defense this draft:

#60 - DE Randy Gregory of Nebraska - The best DE in the Big Ten in this draft class. He's the most physically gifted edge rusher in this class with outstanding first-step quickness and length, and surprising power. He'll need to get stronger against the run but he is a difference-maker as a pass-rusher

#163 - DE Ryan Russell of Purdue (6-4/270) - The second-best DE in the Big Ten in this draft class per the BTN...a team captain who has an excellent blend of height, weight, length and top-end speed for a base 4-3 left defensive. One of the top DEs at the Combine in 40-yard dash, bench (upper body strength) and broad jump (lower body strength). He's also capable of kicking inside to rush the passer and lining up at defensive end in a base one-gap 3-4 scheme. Tremendous upside.

UDFA - DT Chucky Hunter of TCU - Three-Time All-Big 12 Second Team. Undersized (6-0/295), but has speed & quickness and is as powerful as an ox. One of the big names in college football that was stunningly not invited to the Combine (others included OG Shaq Mason, QB Rakeem Kato, QB/ATH Devin Gardner, etc)

#127 - LB Damien Wilson of Minnesota (6-0/245) - The second-best ILB in the Big Ten in this draft class per the BTN...10.5 TFL and 119 tackles last season...has an above-average blend of height, weight, length and top-end speed (Top 25% of ILBs in five categories at the Combine). His range against the run is the first thing that stands out on tape. He's an instinctive run defender with the quickness to beat backs to the edge, he's above average at slipping blocks on the move and his motor is almost always running at a high level. Wilson also gets good depth and covers enough ground to hold up in zone.

#236 - OLB/SS Mark Nzeocha of Wyoming (6-2/232) - a German native and former high school rugby and football player who played four years at Wyoming and was the best player and best playmaker on their defense. Flies around the field with good range, good speed and good instincts. A versatile player who has spent time at linebacker and safety. Coming of a season-ending torn ACL

#27 - CB/FS Byron Jones of UConn - ridiculous freak athlete who allowed a passer rating of just 26.3 in coverage in 2014, the lowest of any CB in this draft class.

UDFA CB/FS Joel Ross - 5-10/182 with 4.43 speed. 2nd Team All-Conference (Coaches). Wants to be a police officer if his NFL career doesn’t work out

UDFA CB/FS Tim Scott of UNC - honorable mention All-ACC, led team in tackles last year

UDFA SS Ray Vinopal of Pitt - 2nd highest # of 225 bench reps and 4th-best 40 yard dash of safeties. Wonderlic score of 37. Working toward his MBA, entered MBA school last fall. Earned two degrees in 2014: one in business finance, one in supply chain management. Four-time conference All-Academic selection, two-time All-ACC honorable mention at S

CECeO49WoAAZDYA.jpg

SS Ray Vinopal

Wouldn't this also mean that we'd be looking at not just risking Cam's health this year behind Oher, but the next 2 years?  I hope Oher turns out to be better than everyone thinks with his health back and good coaching with Matsko.

I think the front office came out and said that they believe Oher will be a solid LT for us. Partially because of his toe that is no longer injured and partially because of reuniting with his old coach. DG also mentioned not wanting a "revolving door" at any position...which is good because that's exactly what Bell was. But he was speaking to consistency in positions like was said earlier.

For all those who are blindly defending Gettleman and the Panthers on this one, someone please go find a credible piece of info that links the Panthers to Collins.  I heard Cowboys, Dolphins, Bills, Eagles, Saints, and Giants.  Not a peep about the Panthers.

I very well could be wrong, but wouldn't surprise me in the least if J.R. told Gettleman it ain't gonna happen on his watch.

How about you go find one that says that we were not interested and did not pursue him?

Archived