• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Agrees to 5 year contract extension worth 103 million.

Pete with some true & plain spoken tweets. Wow.

1.  Carolina Panthers retweeted

Panthers have their guy. Take care of him.

1 retweet1 favorite
     Retweet1
     Favorite1
    Follow
    More
  2.  Carolina Panthers retweeted

Of course Cam Newton is getting a big deal. Look around. There are a lot of bad QBs who will start this season.

2 retweets2 favorites
     Retweet2
     Favorite2
    Follow
    More​

Lol @ people complaining if it's fully guaranteed...   You get a once in a lifetime talent,  you give him a once in a lifetime contract.   I have no problem with it.   If we didn't pay him, someone else would.  You give him what he wants.

Lol @ people complaining if it's fully guaranteed...   You get a once in a lifetime talent,  you give him a once in a lifetime contract.   I have no problem with it.   If we didn't pay him, someone else would.  You give him what he wants.

And if he gets injured? Fully guaranteed would mean dg sucks at negotiating. Cam is all those things you mentioned but this is a team sport. 100 mill guaranteed is insanity.

I mean it's possible of course, but I really doubt it's fully guaranteed.

Honestly, I think the thing that held this up was perhaps from the Panthers end, waiting to see how Newton has recovered, and how he looked in OTA's. The timing with that seems to be awful convenient to be just a coincidence. You don't want to go into a season such as this with so much promise, and not have your franchise QB under contract. Whether you want to admit it or not, the uncertainty would be a distraction to a degree. This is best for the Carolina Panthers. We have our man, and he will lead us.

People are going crazy about this on social media saying, " he is the problem with the offense", "Panthers are going to regret this" etc.  Does people not see what we have right now? This kid is special and will be for years to come. I remember how depressed I was the 2010 season. We hit rock bottom when we started that stay at home dad, St Pierre. We finally have a QB and all I see is whining. This is a good day for Panther fans. We finally have Our Guy! 

The guaranteed money changed that's why this went from no progress to ok lets do it.  I expect at least half of the total to be guaranteed.  Tannehill got 40mil guaranteed Cam will get a good bit more.

​yea i'm expecting 60 to 70 million

Archived