• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Official. Cam Newton signs $103.8 Million extension over 5 years.

hepcat

​In talking about choosing between the Seahawks defense or Wilson, you do realize that the entire point is in all likelihood Wilson would not have been in either of those Super Bowls without that defense in question, yes? So continually mentioning that to supposedly strengthen your argument is rather silly.

If the question is franchise QB or elite defense, I will pretty much always take the franchise QB.

But this situation isn't just a cut and dry "one or the other." There are many contributing factors at play here in regards to Seattle's success.

​Not going to argue that, the point I'm making, is if you vies Cam as a "franchise" QB, then you probably need to view Wilson the same way.

Do you think that Cam would have made the playoffs 2 years ago without our defense?

Cam is a franchise guy, so is Wilson, it's not that hard to understand.

You could start a 'which would you choose' thread.  I think it would make for a pretty good discussion.

​I don't think they can keep the entire defense together.  They are going to have to pick and choose which players they keep and hope that they can draft well enough to replace the ones they lose.  In truth, that's the way it is with any really good team these days.  A Marquee qb such as Brady can go a long way towards keeping a team consistent, but the team has to be good at putting solid talent around that qb (New England for example).  Otherwise, you look like New Orleans did last year. 

​I don't think they can keep the entire defense together.  They are going to have to pick and choose which players they keep and hope that they can draft well enough to replace the ones they lose.  In truth, that's the way it is with any really good team these days.  A Marquee qb such as Brady can go a long way towards keeping a team consistent, but the team has to be good at putting solid talent around that qb (New England for example).  Otherwise, you look like New Orleans did last year. 

​Seattle had the perfect storm, got a good QB on the cheap with a good team already in place.

We were the exact opposite...hence picking 1st overall.

Lot's on this board say we wasted Cam's cheap years, and in a way we did.  But if we were able to compete when Cam was a rookie, we would have never had a shot at him.  We were a team in disarray, Cam helped straighten the course, and DG got it completely back on track.  

Now that we have our franchise guy locked up, DG has even more freedom.

This is a good day.

​Not going to argue that, the point I'm making, is if you vies Cam as a "franchise" QB, then you probably need to view Wilson the same way.

Do you think that Cam would have made the playoffs 2 years ago without our defense?

Cam is a franchise guy, so is Wilson, it's not that hard to understand.

They are both franchise quarterbacks, there is no debate about that.

Has anyone looked at the numbers for this contract?

all I can say is Gettleman is a BOSS!!!!

Say the wheels fall off for Cam (heaven forbid) ... He can be cut in 2017 with only a 1.3 million hit on the cap ... I know the dead money will last a couple years .... but only losing 1.3 million in 2017 would be genius!!!

Archived