• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is going to get paid more?

Devil Doc

So, now since Cam Newton's Contract details have been made public. Who is going to get paid more?

Will Luke's Contract be more? Do LB get paid more than a QB? Is Luke expecting a Big Contract? IMO Luke wouldn't mind a huge payday, however, I don't think he cares that much about big money, as long as he is paid decent.

Is this a serious question?

Luke will get a huge payday, for a MLB, and he will stay here in Carolina. There is no way he goes elsewhere. MLB is the QB of the defense, but the pay will be about half of what Cam got. Perhaps a little more. Linebackers do not get close to QB money. That's just the way it is.

Elite DLINE, can get close...and an extra elite WR, OLINE and a CB here and there but QB money is big money.

So, now since Cam Newton's Contract details have been made public. Who is going to get paid more?

Will Luke's Contract be more? Do LB get paid more than a QB? Is Luke expecting a Big Contract? IMO Luke wouldn't mind a huge payday, however, I don't think he cares that much about big money, as long as he is paid decent.

oNObxMf.gif

Since this thread basically went down the gutter, I'll save it by making a better question out of the thread title...

Who is going to get paid more? Wilson or Luck?

Answer: whoever gets paid last.

/thread

Since this thread basically went down the gutter, I'll save it by making a better question out of the thread title...

Who is going to get paid more? Wilson or Luck?

Hidden Content

Luck, easy. I see Luck getting a 5 year 115 mil deal with 75 million guaranteed. 

Luck, easy. I see Luck getting a 5 year 115 mil deal with 75 million guaranteed. 

​I think he will too, but I think it'll be because the Colts will be in no rush to extend him since they have the 5th year option. Wilson does not, so his will come first and Luck's agents will want to top that. If Luck's comes first, Wilson's agents will want to top it by arguing he won a Super Bowl and got them to another. So whoever signs first will make less. May be a power struggle by the agents to get more and they'll end up having some complications and franchise tagging, etc. I'd love to see that.

Even the top middle linebackers don't make quarterback money.

I suspect Luke will probably have little to nothing to do with his contract talks. Kuechly strikes me as a 'talk to my agent about that stuff' type.

Archived