• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alarming stats of QB performance after signing their mega deals.

Keep in mind this is not a Cam bashing thread, infact im pro Cam extension and love the contract stricture. I am simply providing an objective look at recent past QB performances after big contract extensions

Meh. Each QB is an individual with factors that are not equal from team to team.

Meh. Each QB is an individual with factors that are not equal from team to team.

​Stop trying to be be smart and impress.  We know who the *** you are.  Shut up and go to bed.  I am going to call your cell every 15 minutes for the next 7 hours to make sure you get your wake up call.

​Stop trying to be be smart and impress.  We know who the *** you are.  Shut up and go to bed.  I am going to call your cell every 15 minutes for the next 7 hours to make sure you get your wake up call.

That's what Dub C U pride is all Bout !!

I actually think many of the cases where big QB contracts were followed by subpar team performances happened because said contracts blew up the cap and made it tougher to field a solid, balanced overall roster.

That doesn't apply to us.

​Rivers isnt as much as the other guys. But yeah not including Eli/Ryan is dumb. also lol if you think cam is as good as the rest on the list

​OP is cherry-picking contracts. Needs to include those guy's second contracts if "objectivity" is the goal.  Nothing to do with whether I think Cam is better than them or not.

I actually think many of the cases where big QB contracts were followed by subpar team performances happened because said contracts blew up the cap and made it tougher to field a solid, balanced overall roster.

That doesn't apply to us.

​I don't understand why everyone looks at this contract thing in a vacuum and see that we're a rather unique case.

Our cap has been fuged from the very start.  We've never had any cap flexibility whatsoever since we've drafted Cam.  He might as well have signed a $100+ million deal as a rookie, because it'd have been about the same.  We were in pretty bad cap hell with all those Hurney contracts.

Now that we're getting money, we're putting it in Cam and a few other draft picks and we'll still be virtually the same team we have been the last few years.  Lol some people are expecting us to absolutely fall apart now, and it makes no sense if you actually analyze the situation.

Combined team record of these teams one year following their QB mega deals- 47-48.

So on average, they were average.

Joe Flacco; before 87.7, After 73.1

Andy Dalton; Before 88.8, After 83.5

Colin Kaepernick; Before 91.6, After 87.4

Matthew Stafford; Before 79.8, After 84.2

Jay Cutler; 89.6, After 88.6

Tony Romo; Before 97.7, After 113.2

The differences in these numbers aren't really significant.

Out of the 6 QBs, only two saw an increase in their QB rating after signimg their mega deal. Now you might be wondering why I didnt include Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady and frankly while Cam is great he is just not Brady or Rodgers level.. I feel currently that Cam is in the class of the QBs listed above moreso than the GOATS like Rodgers and Brady.

​That isn't the point. You don't remove measured data points just because they are idealistic in order to try to make predictions. That is a terrible practice, but I find it interesting you kept the "bad" data points in your assessments even though Cam is obviously better than Dalton and Kap.

It is worth nothing that all these teams have a realistic shot at the playoffs.

Joe Flacco

Andy Dalton

Colin Kaepernick

Matthew Stafford

Jay Cutler

Tony Romo

"What is 'Three quarterbacks who were never that good to begin with and three others that are overrated', Alex?"

That's not a great sample group for proving this point, or any point about great QB play.

Archived