• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brenton Bersin continues to impress

Jeremy Igo

I could see Bersin getting the nod over Cotchery. First of all, like mentioned before, they are similiar players. Also, Funch doesn't seem to need much help. Ricky gave him very high praise in a recent article for being very smart, and having the ability to pick up things quickly. Honestly, I didn't think Bersin was going to make it. I thought Boykin would push him out because of his special teams ability. However, from what I have heard on here, Boykin hasn't impressed. 

If cam trusts him and has something of a rapport with him then well...

​he's been sucking up good receiver's air since cam got there. he should have some chemistry with him.  If we have no other option, then I guess we have no other choice. I'd give one of the youger guys a chance to produce. he'll barely see the field anyway

Edited by ncmonzta

I have no problem with them keeping Bersin, I actually liked him at the beginning of last year and had high hopes for him.

i do have a problem with him ever being the 1st or 2nd option on any kind of crucial down, and I don't trust this coachin staff enough to not do that again.

​With the addition of Funchess, and Ginn, I don't think we should have to worry about this.

I like Bersin, he's a complimentary player, and he should contribute just fine here as such.

People forget he was actually a promising receiver because of that one play, AS A PUNT RETURNER, against Arizona.  With Ginn back he shouldn't have to do that anymore.  Still he's fighting for a roster spot again this year - and if he doesn't get one he'll definitely get picked up on another NFL team.

I have no problem cheering for the young man. On third down, he is clutch. Gotta have someone that can do that. 

Can't always rely on the top talent. Can't force the football to the big guys all the time. 

I even have mo problem with him being the first read again.  With the other talent that will be out on the field, he could end up being ignored. 

The hate for him is off the charts. Hope you same pricks don't choke when your cheering on his catches this season. 

Karma is a bitch.

• Pie 6