• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's New "BFF"

Rockahype

Love this quote from the article.  I indeed hope we will have the last laugh!

some immediately panned the Panthers' pick [Funchess]

After further review, however, there are several factors to suggest that Gettlemen, head coach Ron Rivera and especially recently extended quarterback Cam Newton may be the ones laughing last.

Wow.  This has got to be one of the most positive Panthers articles I've seen in the mainstream media.  I can't resist one more quote.  This is definitely a nice analysis to encourage us Panthers fans and validate our confidence in the G'man.

Further, look at the rival corners Carolina is facing. As noted yesterday, the Falcons finished dead last in pass defense a year ago. Tampa Bay finished 28th and New Orleans checked in just slightly better at 25th in the NFL.

Taking advantage of the unique strengths on their own roster as well as capitalizing on the struggles of divisional opponents - that's sounds more savvy than strange to me.

great point from the article above...

Because of Carolina's focus on the running game and, specifically, Newton's extraordinary combination of size and athleticism, opposing defenses must stop the run first when playing the Panthers. That may sound like coach-speak as every fan has heard the cliche of prioritizing run defense, but against Carolina, it is the truth. Far more the truth vs. the Panthers, for example, than recently pass-happy division rivals New Orleans and Atlanta. Safeties are often forced to hold tight in run support rather than offer help to cornerbacks on the perimeter. That puts corners in the unenviable position of covering Carolina's monstrous receivers one on one much of the time. The height, leaping ability and catch radius Benjamin and Funchess offer make them a potentially deadly duo - especially with the strong-armed Newton heaving the ball.

Archived