• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 2015 Roster Projection

Jeremy Igo

I am hoping we keep 6 linebackers.  Id sure hate for something to happen to Luke and have to rely on a rookie to fill his shoes.

If we did get rid of Klein could we get anything for him ?  A third or 4th round pick ?

If this happens,  well Klein was a 5th round pick that we don't want anymore, so no,

no one will offer a thing for him, not even a 7th.  I think he showed last year he is

not good enough on the outside, and Man of Steel Luke in the middle, he's not worth

a roster spot.

I was shocked when we drafted Mayo, our 2nd lb in a draft with 5 picks, especially since the

team seemed pretty happy with Glanton.

Makes me wonder if there is an issue we don't know about, maybe locker room or off field.

If this happens,  well Klein was a 5th round pick that we don't want anymore, so no,

no one will offer a thing for him, not even a 7th.  I think he showed last year he is

not good enough on the outside, and Man of Steel Luke in the middle, he's not worth

a roster spot.

I was shocked when we drafted Mayo, our 2nd lb in a draft with 5 picks, especially since the

team seemed pretty happy with Glanton.

Makes me wonder if there is an issue we don't know about, maybe locker room or off field.

​I wouldn't read into it too much, he was probably the BPA on their board at the time so they pulled the trigger. 

I'd be surprised if they only kept 5 LBs to open the season. I think we went with 5 later in the season last year but that was because of injuries at LB and other positions. The last two years they have opened with 6 and they used to keep even more (8 in 2011, 7 in 2012; Hurney loved LBs).

I also think 11 DBs is high. They kept 10 in 2013 but that was the most in recent memory. Last year on D we opened with 9 Dline, 6 LB, and 9 DB. That's what I would expect if we only keep 24 on D again this year. Fox used to almost always go 26O/24D but Ron kept 25/25 his first 3 years. I can't remember a team that had more than 26O or one that had more than 25D.

In the two years with DG/RR we have kept 2/3QB, 10 OL, 5WR, 4 RB/FB, 4 TE, 5DE, 4DT, 6LB, 6/5 CB, and 4 S. 

Edited by Tom
  • Pie 1

Cotchery was among the best #3s in the league with the Steelers the year before we signed him. Last year he was put in a position where he couldn't really succeed. He's a great locker room guy and would be better than most other team's #4s and there's nobody else that's better than him competing with him. Behind KB, Funch, Brown, and maybe Ginn/Bersin, I'm completely fine with him making the roster. It really doesn't hurt at all. Unless Hill can somehow learn to catch the ball in the next few months, then I agree with Jeremy's WR predictions.

• Pie 1

I know it's been nothing splashy this offseason but I'm really excited about our safety group going forward.  

Would love to see Coleman excel here along with Jones still playing very well and this Marlowe kid contributing somehow.  Don't forget Boston now in his second year.  It's good stuff.  

Cotchery was among the best #3s in the league with the Steelers the year before we signed him. Last year he was put in a position where he couldn't really succeed. He's a great locker room guy and would be better than most other team's #4s and there's nobody else that's better than him competing with him. Behind KB, Funch, Brown, and maybe Ginn/Bersin, I'm completely fine with him making the roster. It really doesn't hurt at all. Unless Hill can somehow learn to catch the ball in the next few months, then I agree with Jeremy's WR predictions.

​Agreed.  The fact that we've got Jerricho Cotchery anywhere from our 4th to 6th option shows how far this receiving group has come. We've got a very good roster this season.