• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beginning of the End For the Redskins?

Wow the huddle sometimes amazes me with bigoted posters. Being mad at Obama because you can't call a team the refrains anymore? Who are you to say what offends someone else? If something is offensive then it shouldn't protected by free speech or any other GOP right to be a pubic a hole logic.

My wife is 100% Native American aand is deeply offended by this name. Even though it might not offend me i can see how it would offend her. If Washington can Change their name from the bullets to wizards the redskins should be a no Brainer.

That to me is a much scarier position than any defending the name

that actually doesnt fit at all. The current leaders of this nation couldn't hold a candle to General Washington. Couldn't wear his jock strap.

"The current leaders of this nation" ???

We're discussing the current situation of the team from Washington. lol I leave you with this.

k7b9e.jpg

not defending him or the name per se. At least I'm not. I'm defending the right to speak freely, no matter how offensive. That includes calling the team you own by any name you choose. If one person doesn't have that right, no one does. 

People have the right to speak freely, and be a bigot if they want, and others have the right to speak out against that bullshit.

Having your culture mocked and riduculed is a little different, and I don't expect those that haven't been on the receiving end of it to fully understand.

I don't personally lose sleep over it, but I can understand how some can be deeply offended by seeing some white guy wearing "war paint" and feathers riding a horse with a spear into a football stadium.

I'm offended by the stupidity of others every day.

If we were to to prohibit everything that is offensive to people, then we most certainly would not have our freedoms. 

Nothing is being prohibited. What's happening is that the Redskins are asking the government to endorse and protect their use of a racial slur, which is against policy. The government is deciding they no longer want to do that. The Redskins are still perfectly allowed to use that name, nobody is forcing them otherwise, nobody is censoring them. They simply will no longer have assistance from the government, in the form of trademark enforcement and taxpayer resources diverted to the protection of their use of a racial slur.

In short, your offended whining about freedoms makes you look like an idiot who understands nothing going on around them.

I know we're already 9 pages in, but this thread is still healthy so I'll say it:

first person to make the obvious south park reference gets kicked in the dick

Can you kick that high? If so can you teach my grandmother's Pilates class?

Archived