• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign OT Tony Hills and G Davonte Wallace and waive RB Darrin Reaves

jamos14

Hills- Drafted in 2008, 4th round.  Been on Steelers, Broncos, Colts, Bills, Raiders, Dolphins, and Cowboys.  Never for more than 1 season except Pitt.  Played in 13 games. Started 1.

Wallace- UDFA signed by Miami, cut recently.

I had no idea who Tony Hills was so here's what Google tells me:

6'5", 304 lbs., 30 years old.

This will be his seventh season.  He's played 13 games, started one, and has played for eight different teams.  Had injury problems in both high school and college.  Did not play at all in the 2013 season.  Rotoworld has him listed with the ability to play guard and tackle.

From the looks of it, he seems to be a camp body.

Eh, not what we need.  But whatever.  

With Martin, this buy time to get into camp and see what shakes out with other rosters. If the FO didn't panice last year, for better or worse they won't panic this year either.  Besides, I really don't think they had any major expectations of Martin.

Yep, likely just a camp body which is fine at this point.  Camp starts in a week and we needed a body at OT.  You can bet we'll be watching the waiver wire as teams trim down to their 53.  There's a pretty good chance that there's a backup OT on our final 53 who isn't currently on the roster.  I sure hope we aren't putting any eggs in the Nate Chandler basket.  That experiment has thoroughly failed.

Archived