• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oher Struggling Early in Camp

Jeremy Igo

I was watching Oher at practice today, saw him reaching out to block instead of using his feet and you captured this in a picture you took Jeremy, that's why he's getting beat. Probably learned bad habits trying to nurse that toe, easy to fix but may take some time while he builds the confidence to know that he can really kick slide without experiencing pain or re-injuring it.

Ah, yes...reminds me of last year when smart asses would say everyone is being stupid to panic and we would be fine with Bell and Chandler. I for one, think once again, it is very stupid for the team to ignore this position as they continue to do. And before the 'well, who was better, who could've come in/draft blah blah', how many years do you go with that story? Surley 4 years have not gone by with a better option. Oher is NOT the answer and neither is Martin and both are going to look horrible this season. Watch. In the rare event Oher turns out to be serviceable or slightly better than Bell, the worst LT in the league, we can consider ourselves luck.

At this point in baffles me we spend years trying to figure out a solution to the most important position on the offense not being QB.

You do realize that until last year we had Jordan Gross at LT, right? The position has been a problem last season and might still be (which we don't know for sure yet), but where do you get the four years from?

• Pie 1

Ah, yes...reminds me of last year when smart asses would say everyone is being stupid to panic and we would be fine with Bell and Chandler. I for one, think once again, it is very stupid for the team to ignore this position as they continue to do. And before the 'well, who was better, who could've come in/draft blah blah', how many years do you go with that story? Surley 4 years have not gone by with a better option. Oher is NOT the answer and neither is Martin and both are going to look horrible this season. Watch. In the rare event Oher turns out to be serviceable or slightly better than Bell, the worst LT in the league, we can consider ourselves luck.

At this point in baffles me we spend years trying to figure out a solution to the most important position on the offense not being QB.

if you don't want to provide your own suggestions then people are 100% justified for giving you poo because what you're doing essentially amounts to aimless bitching.  how thought provoking and captivating.

• Pie 1

Rivera said Oher bad start was overblown.. protecting his O-linemen?
he always seems to take it easy on those guys when talking to reporters, but blasts KB for being a lil overweight.

some need a hug, some need a kick in the pants.. knowing the difference = that's just good coaching/parenting

I was watching Oher at practice today, saw him reaching out to block instead of using his feet and you captured this in a picture you took Jeremy, that's why he's getting beat. Probably learned bad habits trying to nurse that toe, easy to fix but may take some time while he builds the confidence to know that he can really kick slide without experiencing pain or re-injuring it.

Logical. 

• Pie 3

You're right, he is not the answer because he will be sitting on his couch. Not sure if he will look horrible there or not. Either way, I don't plan to watch.

The reality that you know less about football than the 8th graders I coached this Spring?

I'm actually pretty comfortable with that.

How does it feel knowing an 8th grader knows more football than you?

Weren't you on the Martin train? LMAO how did that plan out.