• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I cant decide if our O line looked good or not..

PanthersUnited

Maybe someone that knows more about the Xs and Os than I do can shed some light, while yes it was amazing Cam stayed clean and didnt get sacked, I did however notice the pocket seemed to collapse really fast and Cam seemed to have a very cramped pocket to work with because it sure seemed like he was surronded by Bills players just seconds after the snap. 

He just didnt seem to have those nice, spacious pockets guys like Rodgers and Manning have where they have a lot of real estate to step up in the pocket or side by side if needed. Now grant it the Pack and Broncos especially have top end O lines, but im just using that as an example.

both tackles kept the ends pushed around the outside of the pocket. cam also stepped up in the pocket instead of instinctively stepping back or out to try to escape, which has been the biggest blight on his play, aside from footwork.

the offensive line we saw last night can get us to the NFCCG.

both tackles kept the ends pushed around the outside of the pocket. cam also stepped up in the pocket instead of instinctively stepping back or out to try to escape, which has been the biggest blight on his play, aside from footwork.

that makes me feel good, especially seeing as how the Bills are an elite D

Yeah, that throw to gGinn was beautiful cuz he was able to step up into the pocket on it 

I DVR'd the game and rewatched it just to look at our line and the there's times the bills sent a full a house like the Olson play and our line was unfazed. Cam is also doing so much better at staying cool under the blitz and finding the open man. The run blocking left a lot to be desired but that usually always improves as the season progresses and with Norwell and Turner freeing up the middle I'm not too worried 

Buffalo was arguably one of the top/best DLs and front 7s in the NFL.   Even if your OL is elite they would test your guys pretty well.

I think the OL looked good.  Yeah, they shutdown the run but we were able to hold our own in pass protection.   A DL that good should be able to bottle up a Fozzy Whitaker 

I don't know how much this matters, but there is a supreme lack of game-planning in the preseason. It may have had something to do with our inability to run and possibly their inability to get through the line. Need a couple Reg. season games to really make an honest all around response. Looked good tho, from what I heard. 

Archived