• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kelvin Benjamin carted off at practice

Captain Morgan

Here's the thing guys: coaches are sometimes overly optimistic. And a lot of times, other team personnel think something is worse than it is. Unless the "sense" Voth was talking about came from an actual medical personnel guy, it's meaningless. Not one person out there: Rivera, KB, not even the Panther trainer knows how serious it is until he has that MRI done. Trying to read into what others are tweeting is pointless. Everyone saw the same thing you did on that video and that's all they know.

The training staff knows.  A torn ACL is easy to diagnose through manual manipulation of the joint.  The MRI just confirms 

Rivera isn't lying or being exactly optimistic, a sprain is a stretch/tear. Just depends on the grade. Grade 1 is slight damage and loosing, grade 2 is moderate stretching, grade 3 is complete tear. From watching slow mo video, It looks like the knee buckles forward before rolling laterally. Looks like MCL sprain grade 2 in best case, but if my eyes aren't decieved in the video, probably an injury to MCL and ACL. Won't say they both completely tore, but it looked bad.

My son is in the Physical Therapy field and I showed him the video

He said the way the knee buckled, it looked to be the MCL and ACL that would be effected, but not sure how severe.

Grade 1  2-4 weeks

Grade 2  6-8 weeks

Grade 3 (complete tear) well, we know the answer on that one

My son is in the Physical Therapy field and I showed him the video

He said the way the knew buckled, it looked to be the MCL and ACL that would be effected, but not sure how severe.

Grade 1  2-4 weeks

Grade 2  6-8 weeks

Grade 3 (complete tear) well, we know the answer on that one

exactly what I keep thinking after watching the video. Looks like it buckles twice, once forward, second laterally. 

Hope I'm wrong, but it looks like a grade 2-3 MCL/ACL sprain.

Archived