• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some eye opening KB stats from last year to put your minds at ease (no not his drop %.)

PanthersUnited

Truth be told, i did some pretty extensive research and I started out this post by posting a game by game stat sheet of KB last year but it got too excessive and wall of textish so I will break it down for you..

So I went back and did a deep dive on KB's stats last year and did a lot of analyzing just to see if I could even get some kind of idea on how much he might have an impact and I will be honest, I feel better now. Please note I am in no way, shape or form trying to say KB is bad and we dont need him, truth is he is a very solid WR and would love to have him back, but after looking at his stats a little deeper, I think us fans might just be overrating him.. So here is what I found.

Out of all 7 wins we had last season, KB had a COMBINED 2 TDs throughout our 7 wins, yes, 2. He had 1 TD in the opening win against TB and one TD in the blowout loss against the Saints. Thats it, 2 TDs out of the 7 games we won.

In three games last season KB had over 100 rec yds, we went 1-2 in those games he had 100 or more rec yds. Pittsburgh game he had 115 yds, loss. Atlanta he had 109 rec yds, loss and 2nd TB game he had 109 rec yds, Win.

Oh and about the claim that KB's stats were inflated due to garbage time, well like it or not, there is some truth to that as well. In all 4 of our blowout losses last year, KB had atleast one TD in all of them. Pittsburgh he had 1 TD, Baltimore he had 1 TD, GB he had 1 TD and against Philly he had 2 TDs.

Truth be told is yes, while you can make the argument that all WRs have garbage time stats, you just cant ignore the fact that the trend last year was KB had some of his best games last year in blowout losses.

For as last year goes, anybody who REALLY pays attention to the games already knew this. The thing is KB looked like he improved from last year plus he would have had a better receiving supporting cast playing with him. He really could have improved from that production this year.

But KB was looking a lot better this year. And he was demanding their #1 DB and/or double teams. Who is gonna be able to take on their number 1 or double teams and still put up the numbers KB put up? Funchess? maybe, and i hope so, but realistically probably not. Point being, there really isnt any receiver they need to double, and really none of our receivers are gonna be very effective going up against the top Dbs

Archived