• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funchess hamstring still tight, "MAY" play Friday.

PanthersUnited

If it's still tight, he can't play.  Can't afford that hammy to become a lingering problem.  I really wish he was able to get more training camp and preseason reps, but it is what it is.  Rushing him back out there before he's ready is far more likely to cause more harm than it is to do any good.

Funchess has definitely been a disappointment for preseason so far.  Hopefully he will pull it together come regular season. 

In the one game he played against Buffalo, he put up 53 yards on 2 receptions. I think he almost had a TD as I recall too.

At this point, we might just need to sit him until the opener.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Observations from the Carolina Panthers' practice on Tuesday:

Increased work: Wide receiver Devin Funchess (hamstring) and defensive end Charles Johnson (calf) took part in a few individual drills before working with the trainers. Both moved well and appear close to returning to full work. Funchess lined up with the second group of receivers during drills. Johnson worked on pass-rushing drills on the side. Coach Ron Rivera hasn’t ruled either out for Friday night’s preseason game against the New England Patriots. ... Backup left tackle Nate Chandler (knee) worked on the side.

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/15222/panthers-increase-work-load-on-wr-devin-funchess-and-de-charles-johnson

Funchess has definitely been a disappointment for preseason so far.  Hopefully he will pull it together come regular season. 

What because he missed a 50/50 jump ball in the end zone game 1, and had a hammy for game 2? He also did this. I wish he could've gotten in more reps, but I would not call Funchess a disappointment so far.

What because he missed a 50/50 jump ball in the end zone game 1, and had a hammy for game 2? He also did this. I wish he could've gotten in more reps, but I would not call Funchess a disappointment so far.

that wasn't a 50/50 jump ball.  You draft big WRs like that so what can be a 50/50 jump ball then becomes one in your favor

If im not mistaken, did he not have a corner draped all over him on that endzone pass?

Archived