• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers - Patriots: 5 things I am looking for

Jeremy Igo

Outside of teams In the nfc south , I hate the patriots the most. Their fan base is nothing but a bunch of bandwagon spoiled douchebags . 

yeah the day Belichek and Brady leave that team will be a day to rejoice. That team's window will finally slap shut and all will be right with the world. Hell, I just wish one or two of the teams in that division would put up a fight for once. Miami might this year. No joke

• Pie 3

What is this thing about the Panthers and Patsies not liking each other? I never got that feeling, though I would love it if Gettleman publicly showed some disdain for Belichick.

Just listen to Hurney talk about them. Sums up the thoughts throughout our entire organization. And DG must've loved being on those Giants teams.

Outside of teams In the nfc south , I hate the patriots the most. Their fan base is nothing but a bunch of bandwagon spoiled douchebags . 

Oh man...so true.  There is no other team in the NFL with more bandwagon fans as the Pats. I remember the week before the Super Bowl seeing the 'shiny new' Patriot car magnets and 'brand new' New England car tags on peoples trucks and cars with SC and NC license plates....sickening.

Edited by Kyle82
spelling
  • Pie 1

Oh man...so true.  There is no other team in the NFL with more bandwagon fans as the Pats. I remember the week before the Super Bowl seeing the 'shiny new' Patriot car magnets and 'brand new' New England car tags on peoples trucks and cars with SC and NC license plates....sickening.

my old neibor had a seahawks flag andpats flag infront of their house lol

WR: I'm looking for who will start at WR and how they play. Particularly interested in how Boykin plays against better competition. He looked good against backups last week. I'd like to see if he can still produce like he did a couple years ago. Also, can Corey Brown redeem himself after a poor showing last week.

Shaq: Looks sharp in multiple aspect of the game, but the sample size is too small to get  excited. I want to see if he can be consistently strong as he was last week.

Love: I'm a little nervous about Star and KK (particularly Star). Love made a big stop against the 1's last week and Rivera seems high on him. I want to see what we will be getting if we have to lean on him for an extended amount of time.

Cam: has been slow to start and has seemed a little frustrated. he's gotten great protection. I'd like to see him start faster and be a little more efficient.

RB: I like all of them (even Fozzy). Wegher's looked hot but hasn't played great competition. Todman and CAP both look sharp as well. CAP is the frontrunner I think, but I still think anyone could emerge as the the no. 2.

• Pie 1

What I'm hoping to see:

1) Sharp offense right from the start - Cam focused and leading the charge.  Definitely like to see some of the WRs like Boykin & Brown establish themselves - make some tough catches and show good hands. (Hoping Funchess will also be one of the leading WRs of the game, but unclear if he's playing tonight?)

2) Want to see the run game make some progress against the 1s, and hoping Wegher gets a chance to show us how he can play against tougher competition.  (i.e. getting subbed in for some snaps while the 1s are still playing)

3) Take-aways by our defense, by Coleman, Tillman, Ealy.

4) Better special teams, especially punt return coverage.  I'm really surprised we're still struggling so much in this area.

5) Defensive dominance shutting out Brady.  Wouldn't that be sweet.

ABOVE ALL - NO INJURIES!

I'm hoping Swole Bones gets plenty of playing time and proves his worth. I can't remember a season where having an additional pass catching TE could be more important.

Also, interested to see how Ealy plays now knowing the spot is unquestionably his. 

Lastly, I'm still pretty interested in the CB2 spot. Wondering if Peanut has it locked up or if Bene can creep back into the starting role. I've seen a lot of good comments around Bene this year and based on his performance from last year, 'he is better suited as a nickel back' is not an acceptable reason for a demotion. He needs to be outplayed or he needs to be back starting on the outside.

Corey Brown has had more clutch catches than any of the current receivers we have on the field now so I'm not too concerned about him as much as everyone else has been lately. 

Would be nice to see Funchess out there with the ones and getting some much needed reps if his hamstring is up to it of course.

Our defense has not looked like a top 10 defense which its capable of either.  So lets see if we get a glimpse of that tonight along with an actual pass rush.

Would also be nice to see Shaq on the field and him matching up against Gronk (if he takes the field) .. That will def be worth watching!  

You're giving Brown too much credit. This is his second year.  He's not a 4 year vet that knows everything there is to know about the game. We've also not had a big sample size to say he'll be alright if he doesn't do well in preseason.  It's important that him and Cam get in sync with each other early on in the season. Olsen will be double covered most of the time. Funchess has not played a down either. I'd worry if Corey sucks it up the rest of preseason. That's just me though.