• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Consultant: City needs next deal for Carolina Panthers

SCP

If you want to think about how fast time flies though, consider this: Jerry Richardson is 79 years old and everyone is worried about what will happen when he dies. When the Panthers first started playing in 1995, Jerry Richardson was 58 years old. That's 2 years younger than John Fox is right now.

My point is: We're all hurtling down the train tracks towards death! :)

Can't wait till Michael Jordan buys it.

But seriously...please let something get done. Some kind of written agreement that keeps them here, from a future new owner or whatever. If/when the team were ever in serious relocation talks...a core of Cam/Kuechly is a damn easy sell to deep pockets and a city like LA.  Get something done, Charlotte. 

I personally think it's sickening that NFL teams (not just the Panthers) squeeze tax money out of the local population when they are part of the most profitable sports league on the planet. But we put pressure on our local politicians because of our emotional connection to our teams. We dont want to lose our team, so we advocate paying whatever tax money they want to stay. The teams have their host cities by the balls (figuratively speaking) and they use that leverage to their advantage. 

i seem to remember some nfl franchise recently dealing with legal issues over that.... cant for the life of me think of who it might be. surely they dont play in the Panthers' division though... surely the owner doesnt also own an NBA team or anything...

Happened with the Raiders. Mark Davis got a HUGE tax bill to pay.

Archived