• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's a Trap!

Jeremy Igo

I've said it once I'll say it again, if we rattle Jameis early and get in his head- we should see a turnover fueled win. If we let him get comfortable and get into a rhythm this is going to be a close game. 

Some Huddlers honestly believe Tampa Bay is a high school squad, and obviously were oblivious to last weeks heart attack game against a worse Saints team. 

The difference between when Carolina played NO and when Tampa played them is two things.  NO played Tampa like they knew they were going to win by default.  NO played us in all out desperation mode.  They had to beat us in order to have any semblance of a salvageable season.  That's why they played us much closer because they threw everything they could at us.   They played the Bucs as if it was an easy win and got their asses handed to them.  Different situations all together.  We will not make that mistake.

Edited by Bogart

The difference between when Carolina played NO and when Tampa played them is two things.  NO played Tampa like they knew they were going to win by default.  NO played us in all out desperation mode.  They had to beat us in order to have any semblance of a salvageable season.  That's why they played us much closer because they threw everything they could at us.

how do you know this

I think the majority of the fan base knows how fickle the NFL is and no win is a given. I don't expect to win every game but I hope we do. I also don't think our franchise expects wins either. Look at last night as a prime example. Ravens suck but they shut down Antonio Brown....division games are always hard fought by both teams.

If we lose I think it will be due to having some significant injuries not because the team is overlooking the opponent. Several players stated last week that a divisional game can never be a trap game. They always know the importance of them.

Hypothetically, if/when a FAN takes a game "lightly", how does that in any way effect the actual performance of the TEAM?

I keep asking and asking this question and nobody can seem to come up with a rational answer.

Statistically there is zero direct correlation between a fans thoughts and feelings to a players thoughts and feelings. You are correct.

i do however believe fans can have a positive effect on player motivation during critical portions of a game when they chant "Keep Pounding".