• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest Surprise through the first Quarter of the Season

Carolina Cajun

Biggest Surprise through the quarter point of the season  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Which player has been the biggest surprise thusfar for the Panthers?

Norman. I knew he was good, but what hes done so far this year is insane. Not another corner playing at his level right now

That's who I would go with too. If we had known he would play like this, we would have worked out an extension. I shudder to think what he's going to ask for this offseason.

You are welcome to say Norman, but honestly, Norman was supposed to start, and the list is comprised of guys who have started who weren't expected to (Aside from Oher who was expected to, but expected to be awful).  While he's been a superstar and elite player, we thought he could be a legit #1 CB, but no one thought that Ted Ginn could be a serviceable #1 receiver, or that Michael Oher could be a serviceable LT.  There will be plenty of talk about how great Norman is, or how Superman wears Cam Newton Pajamas, I'm just giving a place for the guys who are stepping up big time right now and surprising everyone.

Oher has played slightly below average for the position, and while that's a clear improvement over his predecessor, it's not a complete surprise.

Gin has also been useful, but he is in no way shape or form a #1 receiver on any team but ours. He's also had some huge drops that cost us some points.

Norman was expected to start, but he's played like a clearcut top 5 CB. Who saw that coming?

You are welcome to say Norman, but honestly, Norman was supposed to start, and the list is comprised of guys who have started who weren't expected to (Aside from Oher who was expected to, but expected to be awful).  While he's been a superstar and elite player, we thought he could be a legit #1 CB, but no one thought that Ted Ginn could be a serviceable #1 receiver, or that Michael Oher could be a serviceable LT.  There will be plenty of talk about how great Norman is, or how Superman wears Cam Newton Pajamas, I'm just giving a place for the guys who are stepping up big time right now and surprising everyone.

If the question is the biggest surprise, Norman is the clear cut winner IMO, regardless if he was predicted to be a starter.

To me it's the WRs mostly getting their drops under control by the 3rd game.

Norman's not a surprise.  Anyone who watched him play the past few years knew he had this in him, even when he was in Rivera's "doghouse."  Last year confirmed it.  This year it's expected.

I voted Rimmers. I think he earned it with his play against J.J.

I thought about Oher, but I thought before the season he was going to be an improvement over Bell. I also thought about Ginn, but his drops in the first two games was the deciding factor there. 

Then there's the other category. Hard not to vote there for J-No. Kid is ballin' this year. He's much improved from last year. Now, if we can get the 15 yd penalties under control...

Norman can have all the celebration penalties he wants as long as he keeps scoring as far as I am concerned.

(I miss the old days when players could celebrate however they wanted.  I still don't know what good the rules against celebration are supposed to be)

Archived